Which computer kit is better?

I'm in a hurry because I need it in the coming weeks.

I can't spend in the high hundreds because I don't have that much money.

So yes, I realize I don't have time or money which rarely amounts to "good".

But if I can get a somewhat up gradable barebones computer than can handle most HD footage well, that's all I care about. Don't need room for an insane graphics card, don't need a million extensions, etc.

And from what I read, the phenoms are a bit better performance wise compared to the athlons. Would it be crazy to switch out the Athlon in your package for say, a Phenom quadcore?

And I appreciate you doing the legwork on newegg. But see why I'm so picky is that no one explains what anything means to me- people on every board just throw new packages at me, which isn't what I want exactly. What I want is someone to say "Don't use that mobo, the transfer rate is slow" or "it'll only handle such and such RAM" or "The CPU will heat that up too much"

I'm not trying to be difficult. I realize how extreme of a budget I'm on for an editing system. I don't expect to edit 4k 3D footage or anything. But I'd just like someone to give me some perspective on the choices, why they won't work, how long they'll last, etc.

Again, I don't care AT ALL about gaming, so I figure I can make some sacrifices in regards to add ons and graphics power, and I figure that should save me some money.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm now split between processor and mobo choice. I'm wondering if I should invest in a better mobo and go for a cheaper processor.

But again, thanks for giving me suggestions Curt, I appreciate the time you spent. If anyone has any differing opinions to compare, I'm all ears.

Mid range mobos are around that price. Unless ur building a super rig it will do u nicely just read the reviews on it

Back
Top Bottom