Which comp is better for the price?

blitzlord255

Beta member
Dell XPS M1710 vs. Alienware Aurora m9700

Well these are the two computers I have made made my decision on what I'm wanting. Both are pretty = in price but I'm not sure which to go with. Hopefully someone can give me some insight on which computer has more bang for its buck. Here are the links to view my specs I put on each of the comps for the price range I can handle...any comments would be greatly appreciated! Dell is priced at $2,524 alienware is priced at $2,486

Dell XPS M1710

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium
LCD PANEL 17 inch UltraSharpâ„¢ Wide Screen UXGA Display withTrueLifeâ„¢
MEMORY 2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ, 2 DIMM
HARD DRIVE 80GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
OPTICAL DRIVE 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
VIDEO CARD 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS
SOUND OPTIONS Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™HD Software Edition
My Accessories
BATTERY OPTIONS 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
WIRELESS CARDS Intel PRO/Wireless 3945a/g
My Software
PRODUCTIVITY No Productivity software pre-installed
ANTI-VIRUS & SECURITY McAfee SecurityCenter with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, 15-months

[1] Auroraâ„¢ m9700

Processor: AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 Mobile ML37 2.0GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache
Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 - Without Remote Control or TV Tuner
Chassis: 17" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD with Clearview Technology - Saucer Silver
Motherboard: Alienware® NVIDIA® Mobile SLi Chipset
Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR SO-DIMM at 400MHz - 2 x 1024MB
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 80GB Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ NCQ & 8MB Cache
Optical Drive: 24x DVD-ROM/CD-RW Burner w/ Nero Software
Video/Graphics Card: Dual 256MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS - SLI Enabled
Sound Card: High-Definition Audio with surround sound
Wireless Network Card: Internal 802.11b/g WiFi Card
Communications: Integrated 10/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet & 56K V.92 Modem
Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth® Device
Primary Battery: Alienware® m9700 12-cell Lithium-Ion Smart Battery Pack
Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service
Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mousepad
Alienware Extras: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - $100 Value - FREE!
Free Alienware® T-Shirt: Free Alienware® T-Shirt - Black

Rofl ,ok

It is cheaper,The wireless is better,also the sound card is better,The battery is better and also the bluetooth come in handy.

Also you get a free shirt :D

The dell. Core 2 Duo rapes in gaming, the WUXGA screen is sooooooo much nicer than the low resolution Alienware one. And the use of DDR2 will give you more bandwidth.

I would get the Dell. It is a lot better. The sound card and stuff may not be better, but the Dell is better.

hmmm... I still dunno I was told by many people that for gaming...Amd is way better. I would think the core 2 duo and the turion would be the same...their both dual processor 64 bit. The ram is better on the dell...But I'm really wondering about the graphics card...the alienware has 2 256mb cards in it...the dell just has the one. but...I still have no clue on the subject...I think Im startin to lean more towards the alienware for the graphics card though...unless someone has the SLI dual graphics cards and can state whether its worth it or not.

Bah I just noticed...I change my statement when I said both are dual processors....they are both 64 bit...but yes the intel has 2 processors...amd one

blitzlord255 said:
Bah I just noticed...I change my statement when I said both are dual processors....they are both 64 bit...but yes the intel has 2 processors...amd one
wtf the intel doesnt have two processors.....

its DUAL CORE

same with the turion

and the 64 is like the least important thing.....look at the cache and some other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom