Which card should i go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
An evga 6600 GT, 6800 GT, or 6800 Ultra? I dont know if i can get the Ultra so lets keep it at the 2 GT's. Will the 6600 and 6800 GT's both last me for about a year? Any help and suggestions thankful.

6800 GT. More powerful than the 6600 GT, almost as powerful as the Ultra. the GT can easily be OCed to Ultra speeds anyway. Ultra aint worth it.

If u want, wait and get a next gen card in a month or 2

Would it really be worth it to wait? I really want my computer now instead of later. I could always upgrade in a years time after i get some money, So no Ultra, go with the 6800 gt? That should be good for about a year and not struggleing on games?

Manhuntkotor said:
Would it really be worth it to wait? I really want my computer now instead of later. I could always upgrade in a years time after i get some money, So no Ultra, go with the 6800 gt? That should be good for about a year and not struggleing on games?
Well, seeing how my PCI 5600 can still run the latest games (just barely), I don't see the 6800GT becoming obsolete any time soon. Go for it. Here is a very good 6800GT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122209
It has dual DVI, and the best heatsink out of all of them. It is 100% copper and covers not only the GPU but the RAM as well, making it the best overclocker.

No you would not. Only if you were going to get two of them to run in SLI, which is a total waste of money. It will fit just fine with only one. The Ultra-D is the best motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom