• Tesla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(PLease Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Network Associate's McAffee Virus Scan
I've used NAV and bought several versions, but they got too cute.

For Internet security, I am testing Zone Alarm (free). So far it works like a charm. Considering upgrading to their LAN/WAN version.

I was using NAV until recently picked up a virus, W32 Weird. Norton could'nt do anything with it. I have now changed to Panda, seems to work well so far.

I just finished ( acouple weeks ago lol ) doing a very intense study of 11 most popular AV programs, using various well known software review sites plus testing them myself using

http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/

The results where quite surprising. At the bottom of the list where Norton's (especially on XP, it doesn't perform as well on XP for some reason ) and McAfees. The top AV's where AVG, Bitware Defender & Kaspersky, with PC-Cillin not far behind.

None of them though even gave 90% defence. Like the above mentioned site says, it is safer to use 2 AV's. Of which either of the 3 mixed gave 100% defence. I use AVG and System Suite 4's ( which is undoubtedly the best System Suite aroound now) built in AV which works very nicely. Bit Defender was the best all round AV program as it also does a firewall and has AV for ICQ, MSN & Yahoo but I found it to slow the computer down considerably.

Hope this helps

Yuck.. Norton is evil. Not just the program - I actually suspect Peter Norton of being in league with Satan. If I ever screw up and get myself a virus, I just install AVG, get rid of the virus, and uninstall. I don't see the need for constant virus protection unless you are always downloading warez or something.

Lol, don't know about Norton's being evil to that extreme, they were a very respectable company. I personally think think they are just simply over rated, they might be the most popular but that's because they did what any smart business would do and advertise large scale like Norton's has always done, but along the way somewhere the quality got left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom