Where to start with programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well I called and asked if they had Java classes and she said yes we have Java script. So how do I explain that I need Java not Java script? lol

Sounds like that college just doesn't have the resources to cover Java. Javascript is getting kinda old and most have moved to Java/PHP for web apps.

Ok well that was the first college I called. The second one said they had Java when I asked so I will just stick with that place. Just have to wait until this summer.

Java is older than javascript. Javascript is what is used on the web as a way to run a script on the webclient. Although I understand that java also has some web technologies it's main use is for desktop application programming.

I start my Java class on 06/16!!!! It's a month long (32 hours) so I am guessing it will only scratch the surface. I'll go from there. I'm so excited!

I'm crossing my fingers hoping enough people want to do a C# class that they will have one. They took my # and will call if so.

Exactly as kmote said, they are NOT the same. Big mistake many people make is assuming that they are the same, but in fact, nope not so.

Not only is the way they work different, the syntax is different, and what they are used for usually is different. Java is usually for standalone applications, where Javascript tends to be for web design and programming. Java uses class libraries quite extensively, and Javascript is a much simpler language to learn in comparison.

Also even there creators are different:

Java = Sun Microsystems

Javascript (originally created by Netscape for the Navigator browser, although almost all modern browsers can do Javascript.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom