where to keep spare copmuter parts?

TRDCorolla said:
Bubble wrap is a great idea. I would do the same if I didn't have the original boxes.

I keep all my original packaging unless I sell the computer to someone or I trash it. It doesn't take too much space anyways. Plus, if the part didn't work after awhile, I can reuse it to send it back under warranty.

bubble wrap is good especially if it's something halfway expensive that still works. I keep all the original boxes too, so I don't have to worry about that. you definitly don't want to just throw them in a box or in a drawer somewhere, who knows what will happen to them.

Yup, I keep most of my retail boxes in a bigger U-Haul box and store it in the corner of my closet. When the PC is gone and warranty long expires, so goes the parts box. The only ones I keep is the motherboard, video card, sound card, DVD burner and CPU box. Everything else I throw away.

Tommy Boy said:
bubble wrap is good especially if it's something halfway expensive that still works. I keep all the original boxes too, so I don't have to worry about that. you definitly don't want to just throw them in a box or in a drawer somewhere, who knows what will happen to them.

Bad idea.. bubble wrap produces.. STATIC, which kills AX circuits etc etc... bad bad bad. Antistatic wrap is by far the best, followed by cardboard and UNCOATED UNWAXED paper (aka newspaper paper).

yeah, thats what I meant...oh, I know about regular bubble wrap and static and stuff...bad bad...

Back
Top Bottom