When will ATI fix the 4000 series' fans?

aowen416

Daemon Poster
Both of my 4870s are pretty loud with the fan fix....and in windows, having the fan at 60% is simply unnecessary- does anyone know when new drivers are going to come out to fix the fans...so I can have them dynamically adjust according to what I'm doing?

can't you edit and flash the video card bios...? I did with 4850 and it never gets above 45° until I game, then the fan kicks into hair dryer mode and keeps it about 55°...

How hot is it with 60%? Can you not turn it down slightly?

As far as AMD is concerned, there was nothing wrong with the fans to begin with. AMD know that the GPU is being cooled adequately, it's just people think that the card runs too hot, even though it's still within it's boundaries.

How hot is it with 60%? Can you not turn it down slightly?

As far as AMD is concerned, there was nothing wrong with the fans to begin with. AMD know that the GPU is being cooled adequately, it's just people think that the card runs too hot, even though it's still within it's boundaries.

Well...I toned down the fans to 50%...makes a big difference in noise level. Right now, they're idling @ 48 and 54C...but they are OC'd to 790/1100

Edit:

I'm just going to make two different profiles...

One for gaming and folding, and one for windows. For windows, I'm putting the fan at 25%...that's ok, right?

Update:

Fans @ 25% got the card up to 96C...so...I just put it to auto xD...they're both @ 80C now

Well...I toned down the fans to 50%...makes a big difference in noise level. Right now, they're idling @ 48 and 54C...but they are OC'd to 790/1100

Edit:

I'm just going to make two different profiles...

One for gaming and folding, and one for windows. For windows, I'm putting the fan at 25%...that's ok, right?

Update:

Fans @ 25% got the card up to 96C...so...I just put it to auto xD...they're both @ 80C now
That cant be good :)

Back
Top Bottom