When things get too good, people start to...

abowlofrice

Daemon Poster
Hi, sorry this is kind of long, you can read it if you're truly bored.
I'm not sure if I'm the only who feel this way but...
When things get too popular or good, more and more people start to feel negatively towards it. In my opinion they feel that way not because they really want to, but because of media influences. The more power something gets, more and more people try to find flaws in it, and during the process they influence others to feel the same way. Shouldn't we give whatever it is that is so popular the praise it deserves?

I have a couple examples to kind-of-prove-this.

Example #1: Microsoft
I've seen alot of videos on youtube that criticizes the products of microsoft and most of the comments say the same thing. "microsoft is blah blah blah because they copied off apple." How come back when Microsoft was just starting, nobody felt this way, only when it got popular people start to say all the good things about Macs and the worst things about Windows.

Example #2: the video game World of Warcraft
For those of who don't know what world of warcraft is, it is a massive online role playing game that has sold over 9 million copies, the most popular game in the history of online gaming.
I've played world of warcraft (wow) for 1 year and enjoyed every bits of it, but now when I go on forums to read topics on wow, it seems like most people are criticizing it rather than praising it. I KNOW i can feel the true feelings of others when they say "WoW sucks". They know its good and they have real proof (9million copies sold), but they just cant accept the fact that wow is so big. This angers me, because people these days are so god dam ignorant. Just like the Microsoft example, people cant accept the fact that Windows "good".

Please feel free to post your feelings and responses.
If you don't agree, please also feel free to tell me.

well its definately true about popular music. when an artist goes mainstream, the quality of their music declines, and they just change their style completely to get more fans. which is really bad. hence why i hate mainstream music

actually i think ppl criticize micrsoft more now is cuz microsoft is getting lazy and is alacking from the wealth.

well i don't know if thats true, but i'm saying that people are criticizing microsoft because they think the products are bad, which is not true, since most of the people run windows.

I Have to agree with you there,I was against ipod's becasue of media hype of flaws and screens breaking and softyware issues and other stuff.But now because i gave them a go,Im now a happy (And proud) Owner of a Ipod nano 8gb.

Anyone who critizies MS should use linux. If you don't like something then don't use it

EXACTLY!! those people that criticize microsoft use microsoft themselves.

Also with the new Microsoft Surface coming out, i think its a big innovation, but those same people just keep coming up.

It is very true that quite often when thing get popular people go off them and I think like you the media has allot to do with it, I for one like new things but get very agitated when it is thrust-ed in my face all the time, good examples are adverts on the TV, some are funny, some serious and some well I wouldn't waist the film on, all of these get shown multiple times a day for months at a time and so it loses its taste for me then.
I am all for medical adverts asking for help to raise money for cancer cures etc thats fine, but getting a new car, the same car thrust-ed at m 24/7 is just annoying, maybe its just me I don't know, but its my view on it, by the time you then go and buy the product the next model is on the TV and yours is out dated now that really sucks but hey thats life.

I Agree.
Why don't people pick out the positive things of products rather than looking for negitave things.
and if you dont like it, why complain for the rest of your life just switch to another product.

Back
Top Bottom