When is it going to be releasead??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciroalb

Baseband Member
Does anyone here knows when the Geforce 7800 and/or Radeon X900 are going to be released? Any idea of the price??

The 7800 was meant to be released today. It will work its way to the distributors in a while. The X900 is meant to be released at teh end of the month.

I have no idea on the price. Expect it to be somewhere in the region of $550 or so, as a very rough estimate.

I want to buy a 6600 GT, and I´m waiting to see if the price will get lower because of the release...How long do you think it will take them to get cheaper??

How come they jumped straight to 7800 instead of having the whole 7000 series ? starting out at 7000 ?

HAVOC2k5 said:
the 6600GT is a pile of crap...

Where do u get ur facts? the 6600 GT is a great card that can play new games at high settings. sure, it aint the Ultra, but for its price, its incredible

Compare a 6600GT and a 9800 Pro which are both relatively the same price here in Canada and you would be a fool to say that the 9800 Pro is better. The 6600GT was never meant to be a flagship card. It is in the lower medium tier and it is the best GPU of its class. To say it is garbage against 6800U is TRUE. Maybe that is what Havoc is saying. But it is hardly garbage in its class.

Also, where did you hear 7800 is coming out today. I heard sometime in July and ATI X900 shortly after. The release is basically timed to catch the late summer/fall game schedule which many of the most anticipated titles will utilize SM 3.0 features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom