When i turn my computer on, it's black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markmorgan808

Solid State Member
Last night my computer was working perfectly fine with no indication of a problem. I come home the next day to turn it on, and of course nothing happens. It get's power but theres no picture on the monitor, it's black. So i try to turn the computer off and now it wont turn off, so i turned i turned off the powerstrip.

So i started with the most simple the cords and such, but everything is in the right place. I examined the monitor, but it was working fine. So i turned it back on to see if i could find something. In the long run i found nothing and i came to the conclusion it has it's probly my motherboard or something is wrong with my powersupply or even my cmos battery.

It's to tricky for me i just want to know where to start. The bios wont even load and i dont have spare parts laying around to test things out. the other thing is that power will only go on and not off. So i'm thinking about trying a new power supply first. If you have any idea's why i'm haveing this current problem please let me know.

nope, no beeps. Things seem to have power the video card fan will go the power supply and the cpu fan is runing.

So if you leave it powered on, does it sound like there is a reboot loop taking place? Or that the monitor just isn't showing the normal picture.

I know you tested the monitor... I think you need to test the video card.

Do you happen to have both onboard video AND a graphics card?

It's not looping, and the board has onboard video so it would still boot up if there was no video card. It's a Asus P5S800-VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom