when do blueray discs come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
ive heard alot about them and i hear sony made a blueray recorder for like 3 grand or something. Im anxious to find out when they are avaliable worldwide and not just in japan. Anyone have any info on this?

probably not until the PS3 ships because until then (and even afterwards really) there won't be a need for them. But Sony's games for PS3 will be blueray, so probably around first quarter 06

Although breakthrough.. I don't really see the need of the technology for gaming. Seriously, how many "multiple DVDs" games do you see out there?

It will definitely be better for those seasonal television shows where one box comes packed with 4-8 DVDs and stuff.

i find it better for gaming because normal dvds are not good for high definition. Blue ray were meant for high definition so high definiton games would be awesome

I don't know, maybe theyre thinking..."better safe than sorry<" but really I think they just want to push the format since theyre the ones behind it really. honestly I don't think blueray or hd dvd are ever going to replace dvd as the prime medium for data, i think they'll just be kinda niche until something real revolutionary comes along

well a normal dvd burner cant do anything with a blue ray disc. They would have to make new burners for blue ray cause it uses a blue laser instead of a red laser like a dvd burner. i do think theyre going to replace dvds because by like 07 or something; theyll end up being the same price as dvds now so why not go ahead and get them. you would need like 5 dvds to record a movie in hd while the blue ray only takes 1 disc. hd is becoming a big part of the world now and is rising so yea these will end up replacing dvds.

where i got the info

I don't know...unless they force feed 'em to the public. unfortunately, neccessity does not dictate what we get, they do. so maybe they will be mainstream but I don't think there will ever being an overwhelming NEED for it before something even better comes along.

yea jvc seems to be making a ultraviolet disc that supposedly is gonna be able to hold 500gb which would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom