What's your opinion on iPhone 5C?

Either you understand what innovation is or you don't.
Looks to me like you're confusing invention with innovation.

To be clear, cooling has been around for ages and Apple just figured out how to do it better.

Same as print scanning, or any of the other dozens of features the iPhone does better than any other phone.
*Bold* I obviously understand the difference between both as I never mentioned anything about anything being invented.

*Ital* Yea, that's called innovation. Ding ding, clean example.

*Under* Obviously biased comment I'll ignore.

Their finger print scanner is innovative but not really something I care about, or really a ton of other people. If I personally bought the phone, it would be shut off just like I disable it on every single laptop that has a scanner on it. Every single (literally) iPhone user on my Facebook (only about 50 people) pretty much said the same thing because they are afraid of privacy issues despite what Apple says. (Upload fingerprints, paranoia, whatever)

BTW, I guess you forgot that the Atrix has a scanner too in its home button, which came out in 2011. I own this phone and have the scanner turned off. Hence, not a big deal to me.
Not sure why you want to start an argument over a phone that has no place being in this thread, honestly. It's a 5c thread, not a 5s thread.

Yeah the Atrix didn't have a scanner in the home button, it was on the back in an awkward spot and it didn't work for ****.

Apple's scanner works in a completely different way and is conveniently functional; something the Atrix was not.

Innovating means to take things that exist and make them work better than ever imagined before and that is what Apple has done with the 5S. You can disagree with facts all you want, but arguing about it wastes everyone's time.

Yeah the Atrix didn't have a scanner in the home button, it was on the back in an awkward spot and it didn't work for ****.

Apple's scanner works in a completely different way and is conveniently functional; something the Atrix was not.

Innovating means to take things that exist and make them work better than ever imagined before and that is what Apple has done with the 5S. You can disagree with facts all you want, but arguing about it wastes everyone's time.
You're the one arguing with facts. You need to press the button in the back to turn the phone on, and take it out of screen standby and with the scanner actually activated it does essentially the same thing. The only difference is the Atrix has a touch functional home button for use while using the phone, and Apple has one button for pretty much everything. So basically, location and software are the only differences between the two. Besides being more annoying than slide to unlock or facial recognition, it's practically the same thing. In the same sense, they both work perfectly "fine". Quotations for, they are both equally **** in the same way.

The fact here is, you were trying to make it sound like Apple reinvented the small fingerprint scanner for the phone, when in fact they didn't. It's pretty much the same thing. Working "better than ever imagined" is your bias towards Apple products really showing. The only thing remotely unique about the 5S is the CPU, not the ****ty finger scanner which has been around for 2 years already. (Probably more, but I own an Atrix so I know about it already) The best part about it is what I've already mentioned. Nobody really wants it, even Apple fans. It's split between people who think it's more annoying, and people who are paranoid about privacy.

Real innovation is cleverly making something different with improved characteristics, while standing out from the rest. That would be the Mac Pro, not the same phone that's been around for years with slightly newer hardware (much like any Galaxy, Note, HTC, or whatever phone). Take note the anti-bias here in my post. Fact comes from fact, not opinion. The way you speak makes you sound like an Apple ****, and reflects your username very well. The reason why I stopped replying to the other thread you wanted to trash with Apple bias.

I'll reply to this thread again if A you either have something to say about the topic at hand (that would be the 5C if you forgot), or B you put the Apple ego fueled opinionation aside for discussion. I have a feeling neither will happen, unsubbed. :rolleyes:

Are people actually concerned with about privacy when using the fingerprint scanner? I'm usually one of the first to disable/dislike things due to privacy issues, but getting someones fingerprints wouldn't even be remotely hard to do.

Are people actually concerned with about privacy when using the fingerprint scanner? I'm usually one of the first to disable/dislike things due to privacy issues, but getting someones fingerprints wouldn't even be remotely hard to do.

Bold question, see Ital. Yes, a lot of people are concerned about it.

PP, your bias AGAINST Apple is as obvious as my bias FOR Apple.

The Atrix scanner is not the same. The iPhone scanner isn't "pretty much the same" it is completely different.

I'm not going to sit here and explain how it's different; you're a big boy with a computer so you can do your own homework.

The fingerprint scanner on my old Atrix was turrlble. Took like half a dozen swipes to get it to work right.

PP, your bias AGAINST Apple is as obvious as my bias FOR Apple.

The Atrix scanner is not the same. The iPhone scanner isn't "pretty much the same" it is completely different.

I'm not going to sit here and explain how it's different; you're a big boy with a computer so you can do your own homework.
I obviously have, as I've proven several times now. A finger scanner is a finger scanner through and through. The only difference is the software behind it and the fact that the scanner makes up the only real functional button on the phone.

As to the first part, dude, I mentioned a few posts up I was buying a 5c and I'm posting this from OSX. Sure, bias against Apple? Go grow up. It's people like you who give Apple a bad name honestly. You Apple people need to get it out of your heads that just because somebody who plays with the opposite end of the manufacture spectrum finds a piece of an Apple product not innovative or important that it's bias against Apple. I don't worship Apple ****, therefor I'm biased against Apple? Go bark up somebody else's tree with that nonsense. I'm here for relevant tech and the topic at hand, the 5c. I don't find the petty scanner incredible, big whoop. It is what it is.

iFargle, were you using GB? If so, that's why. I'm running ICS and it works fine, although I keep it disabled because it's stupid junk either way. I also don't need to swipe, I simply put my finger on it.

Last edited:
I tried both GB and ICS, various ROMS ranging from stock to CM to MIUI to no avail. Now I have the thing set up as a security camera :tongue:

I tried both GB and ICS, various ROMS ranging from stock to CM to MIUI to no avail. Now I have the thing set up as a security camera :tongue:
Yea, CM ICS here. Maybe it just likes my finger better?

Idk, my point being in all this. They both scan a finger. Big ****ing deal. Although this isn't a 5s thread, the A7 is much more interesting to talk about. It actually achieves awesomeness. Almost literally double the performance on all benchmarks.

Back
Top Bottom