Whats wrong

kingcato

Solid State Member
well im trying to reboot my bro's computer and i successfully wipped the whole computer clean so i can now use my restore disc, but when i try to restore it, it says none of it will work and when its done it tells me the cd is damaged or the cd player is malfunctioning, its not the cd so what could be wrong with my cd drive, i have taken it apart before did i forget to do something.

When you took the cd rom apart, you probally have knocked the laser out of alignment. Expensive to repair, cheaper to buy a new one.

no i didnt take the cd drive apart, i took the computer apart, so do u think i didnt hook something up like it was suppose to be

when you took it apart before maybe you knocked something a little out of place and when you took it apart now it may have shaken it enough to move the laser out of place.

o well the thing is i put the cd in restart the computer, and it pulls up the reboot screen and everything and i click what i want to do and when it actually comes down to the computer gettn the files from the cd they wont work, it goes through every file and just says cannot be coppied

Back
Top Bottom