Daemon Poster
Specs:
AMD 3500
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-d
1 GIG samasung ram
500 Watt Antec PSU
7600GT 256MB
160GIG HDD

Problem: Everytime I try to start up my computer 1 of 2 things happens.
1) It turns on and about 1-2 seconds later just turns off, I don't get to any sort of screen on my monitor.
2) Usually when my computer was working it would spin the fan very quickly for about 2-3 seconds at start up and die down to a slower (quieter) speed. The second thing that happens is that it continues to spin at the fastest speed possiable for an endless amount of time. (nothing shows up on the screen).

This is my mobo maunual:
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Manual/847505312.pdf

I find the problem on page 15 of the manual where it shows the 4 LED's that cause the problem.

My led's show up as 1,2,3,4 are lit up. So the system is starting up. But in acctuality it does not.

What is my possiable solution, I am VERY low on money so buying ANY replacement parts is out of question.

I RMA'd the PSU about 7 month ago and It worked no problem
I RMA'd the Ram 3 day's ago, the first day nothing like this happend, then next day my comp just randomly shut off, I turned it on and was fine for about 3-5 hours then it happend again.

HELP!

Ok, so I checked the RAM, it's fine.

Is it possiable that the PSU is not giving out enough 5V and 12V power? So sometimes the major system doesn't boot and only the fans do?

if 4 LEDs are remaining lit i'd say your issues are narrowed down to power, cpu or motherboard. make sure you have the extra P4 power connector attached as those LanParty boards will react like that if it's disconnected. then i would reseat the cpu and remount the HSF.

edit: how long has this been happening? is it before or after getting back the RMAd memory.

I got the memory checked in a diff comp and at the store they said it's fine.
This happend like 12hours-24 hours after the ram was installed. So it's either the CPU or the MoBo. I'm taking the whole comp in to get it fixed for free.

I'll be buying a new comp tomorow :) good deal at futureshop.
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=BDL10002506&catid=
ONLY 60$ for the monitor and mouse and keyboard...Worth like 200$+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom