Whats wrong with this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay sorry but you did not even look at anything but the house.

The house is on a corner of 2 streets. There are housed pictured in the background. It wasnt no farmland. Yet the house is still there with the door on the 2nd floor. If it was used for soemthing like that. Then they would have done something about it in the past 150 years when the town got a bit more rural. ;)

notforchildren2.jpg

Bad Pikachu!!

Hey I wouldn't mind doing that with a giant Jessica Alba.

That wouldnt help if is was for the snow. Think about it how many times do people get a snow fall of 10 feet? Let alone the ability to walk on said snow?

Would fall right to the bottom and be right back at ground level.

I think it could be for snow. Not saying that it is, but it could be. Ever heard of snow drifts? Those things can easily get 10 foot high with only 1 foot of snow fall and they get to be as hard as a rock.

I think it could be for snow. Not saying that it is, but it could be. Ever heard of snow drifts? Those things can easily get 10 foot high with only 1 foot of snow fall and they get to be as hard as a rock.

I know of snow drifts. I live in NY where we get some of the worst storms and get snow from Halloween to Easter.

But as i said in the post you quoted, they are not think enough ar solid enough to walk on. As soon as you put any weight on them you fall straight down.

That wouldnt help if is was for the snow. Think about it how many times do people get a snow fall of 10 feet? Let alone the ability to walk on said snow?

Would fall right to the bottom and be right back at ground level.
Snow shoes? And at least you CAN get out.
If that building is +150 years old and near any farmland etc then the doors are that high because any animals would be bought into the house at night and the person would use a ladder to get through the front door, that way no poor mugger can break in through the front door and steal the cattle.

This is fact not opinion.
That's cool.
The house is on a corner of 2 streets. There are housed pictured in the background. It wasnt no farmland. Yet the house is still there with the door on the 2nd floor. If it was used for soemthing like that. Then they would have done something about it in the past 150 years when the town got a bit more rural. ;)
It could be historic in some way. Or in a poor area, who knows. But what Oreo said is a possibility.

I know of snow drifts. I live in NY where we get some of the worst storms and get snow from Halloween to Easter.

But as i said in the post you quoted, they are not think enough ar solid enough to walk on. As soon as you put any weight on them you fall straight down.
Is this building from New York? The snow thing seems like a good explanation, and snow shoes would help.

Okay sorry but you did not even look at anything but the house.

Not if the house is for show and derelict, and areas can build up alot in 150 years..

I know this because there are 2 houses like this in a village a mile from my house, they are both pubs now right in the middle of a village with a population of over 30,000 people and 8,000 houses.

I am not saying you are wrong and it's wasn't farmland, but it's just a possibility :)

Yes this house is in NY somewhere. I dont remember where we took that picture but we took it on one of our travels at some point. It was in my digital camera pics so we seen it somewhere. Just dont remember where now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom