What's this laptop worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I had gotten a laptop from a friend that had charging problems, the chassis was cracked and the battery was shot. The specs:

Pentium D 1.8ghz
1gb ddr2 533
x1300 dedicated graphics card
80gb sata drive
dvd reader/burner
17" widescreen monitor

For about 75$ I can replace the charging adapter on the laptop, the charger and the battery and I can glue the chassis of the laptop where it broke. What do you think this is worth bare minimum?

You could do a buy it now on ebay for an easy $500 as long as you fix the battery and chassis. Especially the Chassis problem. You could actually prolly get more, but if you got it for free... I say just do buy it now for 500 :)

well that configuration is almost dead i guess.....
it will be very hard to run vista n other latest stuff on it..
if i were u i would have exchanged it for a new one......! well u never mentioned how many years its old..

^but it will run xp just fine or linux if he wants

my laptop runs xp just fine, but i put ubuntu to learn about linux and my lappy is about half as good as his

screw vista no reason to bother running it

yeah thats true .... but still pentium 4 is a dead config for me ..
at least u gotto have dual core processor or ne other amd ones cuz they r cheap n the best...
if ur a gamer or working on high end softwares like maya , 3ds max then u need firm hardware support....

well that lappy wouldnt be good for much gaming at all no matter what proc it has since it only have an x1300 video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom