What's the stupidest thing you ever done to your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
When I first got my truck, I cleaned it inside and out. Was a 79 Blazer, 350 4x4. I'm a neat freak, like everything nice and tight. Well I noticed my valve covers gaskets leaking. So I changed them. I then noticed my valves were all loose. So I grabed the socket and tightend them all down, nice a tight. They wasnt going to move anytime soon:D . I then finished up what I was doing and then told my stepdad what I had done. He said WTF?? You did what? Come by again? I said they was loose so I made them tight. We then spent the next few hours getting them all back to where they was supposed to be, oil sprayin everywhere, it was a mess. But we, well he got it back to working order. :eek:

lol. :D I don't think I would have ever done anything quite to that extent. Good thing you didn't start it up and run it like that. Would have been in need of a lot of valve parts.

I haven't done much of anything to my vehicle that has screwed it up. Only problem I came across was out wheeling on the pipeline and getting some old barbed wire laying in the grass wrapped around my rear axle and tire.

Haven't done much dumb stuff to my truck i was backing outta sonic once and hit the stupid pole that the menu is on i cut the wheel to hard lol. I did that twice still hasnt done anything to my truck.

Probably the stupidest thing was driving home one night about 3 AM. I was 19, very drunk. Made the 16 mile trip in less than 7 minutes. This includes some in town driving. Had a 69 Mustang. Registered 120, I had it all the way around to 2 on the speedo. There was a state trooper sitting at an old building and he never knew what happened. I'm sure he heard me go by, but by the time he could do anything I was a mile down the road.

When I was younger I thought it would be cool to try drifting in a front wheel drive car, drifted right into a median never did it again.

Alright you caught me I did it a couple more times at least I did not go into a wall then.

Probably the stupidest thing was driving home one night about 3 AM. I was 19, very drunk. Made the 16 mile trip in less than 7 minutes. This includes some in town driving. Had a 69 Mustang. Registered 120, I had it all the way around to 2 on the speedo. There was a state trooper sitting at an old building and he never knew what happened. I'm sure he heard me go by, but by the time he could do anything I was a mile down the road.

Lol...I found the part about the trooper kind of funny. Not the part about you driving drunk though.:angry:

Well considering that my first car was a 68 bug that i started building when i was 14, the only stupid stuff i have done was launching it. Man i abused the heck out of that car. I still miss it.

I will admit to a few too many trips home that i dont remember because i was far past the legal limit, but i dont do that anymore.

Which one...? Let's see...

* I let a 13-year old drive my car, She succeeded in cleaning out two ditches, totally my car, creasing my skull, and giving me 28 stitches.

* Driving home from work after having to close, about 3 in the morning, I nodded off driving down the highway and missed my turn. No problem, I will get it on the other end. Missed that one too. I stopped at a store and started to go back. the store sits caddy-corner of the cut-across... you go about 50 feet back up the highway to get to it. Well, I missed that. So I drive about a half mile on the wrong sie of the highway and turn.

A car turns in behind me and brightlights me. I am driving a '70 Plymouth Satellite that had been an unmarked cruiser in Virginia, so I stomp it and leave the idiot. I barrel up this country road, but I have to slow down to turn up the road I live on. By now, dude catches back up to me, but he has the blues on this time. I put it in park. The deputy had to reach in and wake me up. :) he let me go, seeing as I was asleep.

* Same highway, same car, a few months later. I am doing, oh, 95 and zip past a county car waiting to pull out. he is in the hollow between two hills. I never let off the gas, and even punched it. Once I topped the hill, I locked it up and shot down a side road. After about two-thirds of a mile I whip into a driveway and park beside a pop-up camper and wait. Barney Fife finally crawls by (it's dusky dark by then). I give him a couple of minutes, and then hightail it home.

* Doing donuts in the outfield of a local (now defunct) softball field. Just me and eight close friends in a '73 two-door Maverick. It was all fun and giggles until Brad threw up on Bucky, then it was hilarious.

All that before I turned 18. ;)

Heh, that reminds me. I think other than my nonsober driving, my actual dumbest thing was driving my car after being up for 48 hours. Left huntsville texas at 11am(woke up at 7) thursday morning. Drive to ft walton beach florida, pull in around 2am. Sit up drinking until about 6am (see a pattern here). My buddy drives me down to talahassee florida so i can meet the guy i'm buying my car from (current car). From talahassee we have to drive to tampa florida. About 4pm everything is done and i drop the dude off at his house. Now i start the 10 hour drive back to my friends apt back in ft walton beach. I finally pull in around 11pm at which piont i have about 2 beers and commence to sleep for 14 hours.

Driving a brand new car after not sleeping for 40+ hours is scary. I was stopping at basically every gas station and rest stop doign pushups and buying redbulls.

Well considering that my first car was a 68 bug that i started building when i was 14, the only stupid stuff i have done was launching it. Man i abused the heck out of that car. I still miss it.

I will admit to a few too many trips home that i dont remember because i was far past the legal limit, but i dont do that anymore.
That reminds me of my baja bug that i bought we had just built a big nasty stroker motor for it and i was putting the motor in and forgot about the throttle cable cause i was so excited well it got pinched so it wasnt going anywhere. Anyways i fire the thing up and boy did it sound badass i was gonna take it up the street so i got in it and all of a sudden i hear this loud clanking and crap. So i immediately turned it off well the throttle cable got wrapped around the fan in the back and turned out to be a big mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom