whats the problem

civicrocker7

Baseband Member
I just started my computer for the first time and................ BIG SUPRIZE it didnt work but there is a bright side i think i know what the problem is. How does this sound to you guys the power supply i have is 320 watts and my mobo recommends that i have a 400 watt power supply and get this im running a nvidia 6800GS so im thinking i dont have enough power going to the video card because when i turn on the computer the screen is just black

what do you guys think

ps is that senario even possible i say this beacuse everythink works like my fans and front lcd so whats the problem

plz help

PW

ya get the bigger ps. I would try sumthin like a 450 cause the 6800 drains power like no ones buisness

thanks for your help chunalt i think i might get a 500watt does anyone else have a opinion on the subject

THANKS

PW

Try and feed the Graphics card and motherboard supplies from seperate lengths of Molex, also unplug everything non essential. If it still refuses to give a display while everything appears to be running fine, then I'd agree its time to go down the PSU line of thinking...

im using a 6800gs with a 520w psu and it's working fine if you want to be on the safe side.

yea i just tried putting them on diffrent lengths of molex and no go so im geting a new psu tommarow 500Watt

THANKS

PW

Back
Top Bottom