Whats the better deal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockOn626

Solid State Member
As you all prolly know, new egg is pretty thrifty with their prices. Unfortunately i have found it unclear on whether the X800xt or X800 pro is a better card. Also, i want to know if i should just go with the straight up basic ATI ones, or get one of the other brands/editions (I only want gaming, no video editing, etc). Sorry for being such an Uber N00b, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Thanks in advance

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...45861-8384769?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102509

The XL is a better card of the two.

Just to warn you:
Someone is going to recommend a 6600GT or a 6800GT. Before changing your mind and getting a 6600GT or a 6800GT, do some reading up first. Go to www.tomshardware.com and look at their "VGA Charts" for performance benchmarks.

the whole x8xx series sucks right now because it lacks pixel shader 3.0

your best bet is a 6800GT (eVGA is a good brand...look on newegg, zipzoomfly, and monarch computers; not amazon) and probably your only choice

Now im torn :confused:

It seems that in what matters, the X800 is preforming rather well, better then the gt many times, BUT, pixel shader is being implemented in alot of games now, especialy BF2, which i very much intend to play.

And something else to throw into the equation:

If the x800 or whatever outperforms the 6800GT by like 5 fps, who's gonna notice?

I have seen the screenshots that show the differences between PS 3.0 and the previous 1.whatever. It is a noticeable difference, but not a huge difference.

Bottom Line: You wont be disappointed with either card.

Very true, but the pixel shader 3.0 is swaying me towards the GT, and since new eggs got that baby for under 300, that might be my decision

No one here is gonna talk you out of getting a 6800GT instead of a x800. Like I say, either way, you wont be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom