What's the best way to travel around Europe?

in england you will survive with public transport. its really not as bad as everyone is saying. im not suggesting that its great and you should 100% rely on it, but it will get you around fine if you know what you need to get on. things like the tube will get you around london. then youve got the trains, which should be alright, just depends how much of england you want to explore.
to be fair trains are your best bet all round. flying it just un needed hassle, and not as fun :p

Is it true that England still has all those castles leftover from the renasiannce? Those are the ones I would go see. Imagine going inside a castle and going up to the towers. That would make my day because at one time, a completely different group of people lived there with swords.

there are castles all over the UK, dating back literally hundreds of years, well into the Middle Ages and before then even. Some will be restored to look how they were in pictures/drawings that have been found, and others are as they have been, mostly in ruins.

edit: just incase your interested, one of the oldest surviving castles in the UK is Chepstow Castle which dates to around 1068 A.D. thats around 939 years old!

do you have anywhere you'd like to go yet?

would you like any suggestions of things that you should perhaps try to see whilst you're in europe? what times are you going?

I definitely want to go to the UK. I am pretty sure no matter what, that is going to be my starting point and I might spend majority of my time there. I would really like to check out Scotland and see a lot of castles.

Any suggestions of other places would be great. For now all I have planned is to visit the major tourist cities like Paris, Amsterdam(maybe), Berlin if i decide to head towards Poland or Munich if I decide to go south towards Italy. If a certain friend of mine is going to come with me we would likely go to Switzerland at some point as well because he knows people there.

There is no set date as of yet. I want to be sure that I have everything well planned in advance before deciding when I will go. Work is also going to play a factor in this too. It's all still up in the air.

When you do come to England if you come to LONDON then I would suggest getting whats called an oyster card it lets you travel on the underground and buses with ease very handy for site seeing.

there are castles all over the UK, dating back literally hundreds of years, well into the Middle Ages and before then even. Some will be restored to look how they were in pictures/drawings that have been found, and others are as they have been, mostly in ruins.

edit: just incase your interested, one of the oldest surviving castles in the UK is Chepstow Castle which dates to around 1068 A.D. thats around 939 years old!

no way! i didnt know chepstow caste was one of the oldest in the uk. its only down the road from me, well about 20 miles. best i rememeber about it was the medievil tiolets hanging over the river

Any suggestions of other places would be great. For now all I have planned is to visit the major tourist cities like Paris, Amsterdam(maybe), Berlin if i decide to head towards Poland or Munich if I decide to go south towards Italy. If a certain friend of mine is going to come with me we would likely go to Switzerland at some point as well because he knows people there.

switzerland is a good option. Never been there but I heard it's a wonderfull place.

Out of all the places I've been to I'd highly recommend Belgium and something like Norway. Especially if you go during the winter time lapland is an awesome place. So Norway/Sweden/Finland. But it's really beautiful during the summer too. Out of the 3 countries I'd go with Norway since IMO the nature there is the most beautiful one. Lots of mountains etc in the north.

Also since you are on a budget it might be worth it to spend some time on one of the Eastern Bloc countries. It's really cheap there. The capital city might be expensive because that's where the tourists usually are, but the other cities should be really cheap.

Back
Top Bottom