whats more important?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
ive just been reading some reveiws about my comp since i cant do anything with it at the moment and i was wondering if latency or speed is more important? i read that my ram could run at ddr500 with the latency at 2.5-3-3-7, is that better than having it at 460mhz with 2-2-2-5?

You mean the one in your sig? That's a nice pc. What can't you do? Lol… You might want to oc, but do it at very small increments. Do this at your risk. If you really don't what you're doing, don't do it. You could try adjusting the speed and running something like super-pi and see if performance actually differs to a noticeable difference. 99nasha made a great thread about oc'ing… check it here. Might help, you know?

That must be some good memory if you can run it at that speed with such low latency. In my opinion I dont think the extra 40mhz will be better with those higher latencies. I think the only way your memory will run faster is if you can overclock your memory to like ddr 600 speeds, then maybe the higher speed will perform better then the lower latencies.

ya thats what i was thinking, i upgraded my sig so thats what i got it to before i screwed up my graphics card lol, im waiting for my watercooling kit because right now i dont have a heatsink on it so i'll see if i can get any higher with the low timings before it becomes unstable

its ok...i havent stress tested it at 460 with 2-2-2-5 so im not certain it runs at that but it booted into windows and i could play cs with it but honestly if u want to upgrade your ram i would get 2x512 ddr500 from OCZ, when i bought this comp i wish ide done that and if ur not planning on keeping the other ram i'll buy it off u :D

that would be great ram but if u can find anything from OCZ with lower timings then aim for that, also i guess that means u wont be using the the ram u have now so if your interested in selling it please PM me

EDIT: actually ignore what i said about the lower timings because i think that ram could easily go lower just by increasing the voltage a bit

Well my signiture is a little off I have 512mb of corsair xms and 512mb of some generic memory. And I think the generic 512mb is going to my brother when I get some new memory.

Back
Top Bottom