whats good computer requirments for the overall computer if i want to play sims 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyrach622

Beta member
hey,
I really want to play the sims 2. Im working on getting a new computer so i can play but what would be the best requirements for the whole CPU so it wouldnt crash or something. Give me an idea...

well, you dont need much i'll tell you that
start off with an amd 3000+

eVGA 6600 gt
i'll leave it to others to finish the system build here

It cost just over 900$ for this, it's a pretty good combo, you could try to see if local stores will build something as cheap if not cheaper than this

Stupid monarch just erased what I built, so I remeber it mostly :)

Thermaltake Soprano with 430Watt Power Supply

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

AMD 3000+ Venice (Couldn't go for a cheap old newcastle core cpu with monarch unfortunetly.) CPU is Retail

eVGA 6600GT This card could be downgraded if all you want is sims 2, but is worth it for the few more dollars

2x 512 meg of the cheap patriot ram

160 GIG Sata Hard Drive, Seagate

Sony 16X8X16 DVD-RW Drive

Ahead Nero Suite (It's 6.99)

Cyberlink Power DVD (It's also 6.99)

It's no OS, no Monitor as I dont know if you are going to use your old ones.

Feel free to check out my profile and add me to MSN or AIM if you want

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is what I was using to config, you Americans may know some cheaper American Sites
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=80311

My computer runs it fine, so that should give you an idea of what you could get. DJ Chris's set-up looks great and will play Sims2 flawlessly.

PEOPLE! PEOPLE! this is the SIMS 2 for God's sake! it doesn't need much. a 6600GT and a 3000+ are way overkill!

you could get by no problem with an ATI Radeon X300, Geforce 6200 or a GeForce 4 MX 440. 256-512MB of RAM should do it and the processor just needs to be over 2GHz. It really isn't that demanding of an application.

nah, u need more than the gf4.. i tried playin it on my old 4 mmx440 128meg and on lowest settings, it chunked n chopped.. i had 2.5gig and 512 ram

And if the man ever gets the temptation to try something else, he'll be screwed

VIII said:
nah, u need more than the gf4.. i tried playin it on my old 4 mmx440 128meg and on lowest settings, it chunked n chopped.. i had 2.5gig and 512 ram

You've got to be kidding me?! well in that case, get a geforce 6200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom