Whats everyone upto tonight??

Well dont go cryin to momy when the boys in blue come knocking:)
lol. i highly doubt it. its not as if im doing anything bad on their networks, if they are stupid enough to leave everything as default then they wont even realise im on it anyway

Yeah, as blackjack said, tut tut!!, in Engand, an investigator for the BBC was driven down a suburban road, & was able to access 14 PC's in that one road, getting bank & credit card details etc, from one house he read an email where the man was arranging a clandestine meeting with his lover, telling her that his wife was away visiting her mother at the weekend, now I know this'll raise a chuckle, it did with me, but the most serious aspect of this, was all the other info he was able to obtain, he could have stripped bank accounts, had a spending binge on credit cards etc, perhaps even putting the guy's email on his firm's computers, this needs serious consideration, it wasn't just any road, this district housed mainly "thirty something" high-flyers, Company directors & the like, rich pickings for bent techies!, so guy's be warned, it may be happening to you &/or your parent's PC's!!
diablo.gif
lol. well i wouldnt/dont know how to do that stuf anyway.

^^Well, you are doing one thing. Getting another post that took you no effort.

I see your point, In this day and age you would think that the wireless routers would have like a switch or something to activate a built in encryption software instead of having to mess about in set up typing all your info then your encryption numbers and letters blah blah blah. when I first got mine a few years ago i did a stupid thing, never noted down the encyption( Idiot)
Had to start over by resetting my router, that was pain in the xxxx but a lesson well learned

Yeah it takes forever with routers. Yesterday I spent 5 hours just setting up a network in my house. But it is worth it because now my emails aren't in the public domain (sort of)

I see your point, In this day and age you would think that the wireless routers would have like a switch or something to activate a built in encryption software instead of having to mess about in set up typing all your info then your encryption numbers and letters blah blah blah. when I first got mine a few years ago i did a stupid thing, never noted down the encyption( Idiot):(
Had to start over by resetting my router, that was pain in the xxxx but a lesson well learned:)

well my router has this written in the instruction manual , i idnd t use it preffered to secure it myself , if it was only internet access that people could get from my router i wouldnt be too fussed but it is other info they coud steal ,but i agree with dude_se if people are stupid enough not so secure their routers then thats tough luck to them if it where me i would just use the internet tho not stealing any info ,
The new push button setup feature makes it easy to configure your wireless devices. Just push the button on the Gateway and on your other SecureEasySetup-enabled wireless device to automatically create an encryption-secured wireless connection. Wi-Fi Protected Accessâ„¢ 2 (WPA2) protects your data and privacy with up to 256-bit industrial-strength encryption and 802.1x authentication and authorization. The Gateway also has a powerful SPI firewall to protect your PCs against intruders and most known Internet attacks

The one thing I love about routers is when it comes to reformatting, it doesn't effect you Internet connection, when you wipe your drive, thats a brilliant bit of inventive thinking to store your settings like that. I have wiped my drive several times and after reinstalling windows or ghosting you don't have to reinstall modem drives as it all there set up ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom