What's Better for Animation PC or Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't run both OS's at the same time. You only run 1 at a time (you choose which one you want to boot into when you start the computer or reboot; you're prompted with a boot menu to choose which to boot into). If you want to run multiple OS's at the same time, then you'd need to install/run the OS in a VirtualMachine, which WILL cut your performance, because each OS (the host OS and client OS), takes part of your resources. Dual/Triple/whatever booting doesn't harm your performance because only 1 OS is running at any one time.

And Zmatt means that you'll have to do a bit of work to learn how Linux works, mostly.

Not to beat a dead horse but I'm curious can someone please go into more detail with the benefits of Linux?

More security is the biggest one. Very few malicious exploits written for *nix, and is harder to break into.

And Zmatt means that you'll have to do a bit of work to learn how Linux works, mostly.

Seriously dude, you talk to me like I'm a n00b. I was pointing that out so he would know what he is getting into. My gripes with Linux have been stated elsewhere, lets not get into that now. I was only illustrating to him the pros and cons. I am quite capable of working through Bash, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Well while I complain about the little glitches in programs in Windows one thing I never get is virus's.

Okay there is just one thing I want for my laptop. What OS runs the most efficient? I.E. The least programs that crash due to issues (example in XP when a program freezes you get a gray screen asking you if you want to send the crash report online) , weird little glitches from time to time sometimes when I'm on Soulseek when I click on a song Winamp may not come on right away, and other little things like that.

Basically with what OS are things the most polished and run efficiently.

Seriously dude, you talk to me like I'm a n00b. I was pointing that out so he would know what he is getting into. My gripes with Linux have been stated elsewhere, lets not get into that now. I was only illustrating to him the pros and cons. I am quite capable of working through Bash, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Sorry, but I don't see how I was talking to you like a n00b? You weren't online at the time...so I answered Gunraiden's question...I didn't mention whether or not you had trouble running Linux either, so why are you making that assumption? Not trying to start anything mate, just trying to see how you came to the conclusion that I was "talking to you like a n00b" when I was't even addressing your post o_O

Vista is slower than XP but is much more stable. You can suffer driver crashes in Vista and not crash the system. I have had the video driver crash on me multiple times in one game and never lost the system (this was because AoE 3 has 0 vista support for some reason). Windows 7 is as fast as XP, so when it comes out you will have the best of both worlds.

Eh sorry Carnage, just the way I read that , it came across like you were telling me to suck it up and learn linux. My bad, its pretty late over here.

Vista is slower than XP but is much more stable. You can suffer driver crashes in Vista and not crash the system. I have had the video driver crash on me multiple times in one game and never lost the system (this was because AoE 3 has 0 vista support for some reason). Windows 7 is as fast as XP, so when it comes out you will have the best of both worlds.

Eh sorry Carnage, just the way I read that , it came across like you were telling me to suck it up and learn linux. My bad, its pretty late over here.

Yeah I'm getting Windows 7 (that's why I didn't get Vista). But with XP the PC doesn't crash but programs do. You know when the program freezes and you get that "Send" or "Do Not Send" window? Yeah that doesn't happen constantly but enough time to time for me to get annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom