What's Better for Animation PC or Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunraidan

Baseband Member
I know posting here would be a little bias but there are more people viewing here then the mac side and there is no OS general board.

I'm currently going into animation and I'm wondering if a PC or Mac is better for applications such as ToonBoom, Maya, Pinnacle, Final Cut, and the likes.

Please explain.

Read my post; pretty much what I said. PC's are cheaper than Macs. With a PC you can get better performance for the money, whereas with a Mac you're mostly paying for the name and the fancy white design (think Levi jeans vs Aeropostle jeans...both do the job, but Levi's are cheaper and just as good as the Aeropostle jeans, which are expensive because of the looks/brand).

Read my post; pretty much what I said. PC's are cheaper than Macs. With a PC you can get better performance for the money, whereas with a Mac you're mostly paying for the name and the fancy white design (think Levi jeans vs Aeropostle jeans...both do the job, but Levi's are cheaper and just as good as the Aeropostle jeans, which are expensive because of the looks/brand).

So it's just brand? I thought media software ran better on Macs because they are coded mostly for them?

Not necessarily... Programs that are coded for Mac will work better on Mac (e.g. iTunes), and programs that are coded for Windows work better on Windows (e.g. Office 2007). I'd say most of those would run similarly on either platform.

That was true maybe 10 years ago but now the software is just the same that runs on windows lots of companies make the same software for both platforms.

Not necessarily... Programs that are coded for Mac will work better on Mac (e.g. iTunes), and programs that are coded for Windows work better on Windows (e.g. Office 2007). I'd say most of those would run similarly on either platform.

Hmm I see. I guess I always wanted to try a mac (especially since I don't like Windows OS's). But I guess I'll stick to my current powerhouse rig.

If you don't like Windows then try Linux ;). Those programs won't work on *nix (unless they work under WINE or have a Linux version), but you can always use it as your everyday OS, and then use Windows as your media OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom