What's better between these two laptops?

Zouri

Beta member
What's the better deal between these two? Does either brand have a higher percentage of their products breaking down earlier? Are there any other models that are a better deal than either of these?

Asus G73JH-RBBX09
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...lack/9743709.p?id=1218165770106&skuId=9743709

HP Pavilion dv8t for $1,524.99 after using a coupon code
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...lp/psg/notebooks/High_performance/dv8t_series
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-740QM Quad Core processor (1.73GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz
* 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
* 1TB 7200RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (500GB x 2) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
* 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M
* 18.4" diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p)
* Lightscribe Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
* Webcam + Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Espresso Black)
* Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
* No TV Tuner w/remote control
* HP Keyboard
* 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard)
* Microsoft(R) Office Starter 2010
* HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

^
340x_squaretrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf__page_6_of_8_.jpg

They got beaten by Gateway. I'd say that's pretty terrible.

And a high powered gaming laptop is naturally more prone to issues than a midrange laptop. I'd go with something ASUS, but I would probably look for one with a higher resolution lcd.

Yeah, and according to that chart, Toshiba outnumbers Lenovo in terms of reliability. I'm calling bull.

Where's the source of the above chart?

My HP laptop (6715b) has been abused over the last 3 years pretty badly and is absolutely fine!

The Asus looks like a better buy to me. The graphics chip is pretty high par as well

Where's the source of the above chart?

My HP laptop (6715b) has been abused over the last 3 years pretty badly and is absolutely fine!

I've had three family members with consumer HP notebooks, and they've all been fine.

Back
Top Bottom