Whats after 1080P

Status
Not open for further replies.

naerskine

In Runtime
So whats next? After 1080P I mean? like 1480? Im kinda clueless when it comes to HD tv. Say you have same TV 1080p but ones 32inch and ones 46. Is the 32 going to have a sharper picture or will they be the same?

go to circuit city. Dont buy it from them.. but don't ever spend over a grand for a TV you haven't seen in action.

I would guess it is sharper though. Its basically the vertical resolution. So I would think, since a 17" is sharper than a 19" at the same resolution, that the 32" would be sharper. It's pixel patch or w/e they call it in TVs is probably small = smaller pixels = better.

It's not that there isn't anything over 1080p, as there most certainly is ... look at the 30" Dell and Apple LCDs... those are 1600p ... it's that there isn't an HDTV broadcast standard for anything above 1080p, and there aren't any "HDTV's" that have a higher resolution than 1080p.

But with that "ultra HD" monitor, and more probably on the way, I would expect there to be a 2160p standard sometime in the next 8 or 10 years.

EDIT: Look at this LCD ... it is 2400p.

http://www.accurateit.com/details.asp?iid=878

Or even look at most 24" LCD's ... 1920x1200 = 1200p

There's a whole bunch of stuff after 1080p. WUXGA, QXGA, etc. etc.

In fact, I am working on a product that is 2560x1600 :D..

i've been hearin' about S.E.D.
Surface-conduction Electron-emitter Display

i'm not sure what reso it runs in, but i've heard the display is a lot better than LED and consumes less power.

I see, so as far as LCD goes and whats being brodcast now it goes no further then 1080p. thanks for the info.

No, you don't see.

As far as displays go, there is a lot more than 1080p.

As far as content goes, 1080p is the highest you'll see.

The General said:
No, you don't see.

As far as displays go, there is a lot more than 1080p.

As far as content goes, 1080p is the highest you'll see.
As far as TV's go 1080p is the max right now. Using the higher resolution computer monitors for TV's would not be practical unless you bought one **** of an external scaler.

naerskine said:
So whats next? After 1080P I mean? like 1480? Im kinda clueless when it comes to HD tv. Say you have same TV 1080p but ones 32inch and ones 46. Is the 32 going to have a sharper picture or will they be the same?

just to keep you on tap.

1080p is the current highest spec you can get for a televison now.
1080i is the highest that cable/dish content goes

You do have access to 1080p with hd-dvd (depending on player) and blu-ray.

And if you WANT 1080p..... You may see a 1080p DLP samsung for a decent price.. Just stay away from it, it is not a true 1080p.
It uses a process called "wobulation"
2 pixels on 1 mirror on the DMD chip.

But these TVs lack some sharpness and you lose some of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom