What You've Just Bought!

If Momma ain't happy, Nobody's happy...

You've always been one to have the latest, bleeding edge anyway, so look at it as a long term user review and enjoy it while you can. You can always sell it later on.

If Momma ain't happy, Nobody's happy...

You've always been one to have the latest, bleeding edge anyway, so look at it as a long term user review and enjoy it while you can. You can always sell it later on.
Eh she told me for a few days after not to do it. I thought it was fair though, considering she paid 1500 out of the 2000 for the 3090ti. It made her feel better to not have a handmedown technically.

Also can't sell it, the oldest boy needs an upgrade too since he's also using a 2080. 5090 will be in the works too lol

The sacrifices we make for family. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The thing that's funny really, is that I tried explaining to her she needed a platform update more than a GPU upgrade. She said what would I get her, and I said I'd get a 13700k and you'd get my stuff and she wasn't pleased to hear that. Literally the day of me installing these cards (Thursday) Hogwarts Legacy had a big update that would have fixed her problem. Funnier, because she chose GPU instead of CPU her emulated Kirby game still stutters.

Edit:
Also, a 3090ti and 4090 in the same room with 95 degree Texas days means hot af game room. Like holy 850W of heat batman.

I hate the fact that everything broke down at once, I had to get a new AC system installed in the house. Nice and cool now even with the temps in the 80's. BUT... Almost 22K later, but bill sucks! Hopefully my electric bill will go down some to compensate.

64GB Kit of Vengeance Pro (32x2) 3600 DDR4 since it was 159. Going to put my current RAM in my server until I can get a bigger set to replace all the sticks currently in there and transfer those to another box with more cores. Really wanted to get a pair of 1TB Evos since they're 64 bucks a pop but can't swing it because of this damn GPU.

I won't return it actually. If I did I'd still have to get something else like a 4080 so doesn't make much sense. I just really hate the thought of buying a card from this gen.

Last weekend we had a chill Saturday, drinking and playing Rocket League after the baby went down. My wife was asking all kinds of computer and performance related questions. More specifically asking about stuff from her MSI Afterburner overlay, and asking things like "ok if I didn't have you how would I know this is an issue in this game" stuff like that. She was asking about Hogwarts Legacy and the 'why' to her lag issues. The simple answer, vram, the long answer, memory leak. It wound up with her saying I don't want a 2080 in 2023. I was joking and said she needs to check her privilege and then I said I'd get her a 4070ti. She said she wanted my card (rookie move) so I took the bait and said ok I'll get me a 4090 then. She said deal and I was like fuck guess I'm buying a 4090 now.

Enjoy it. It has the power to brute force it's way through most of the awfully made PC ports these days, and you get to enjoy the salty teared Steam reviews for everyone who can't afford a 4090.

64GB Kit of Vengeance Pro (32x2) 3600 DDR4 since it was 159. Going to put my current RAM in my server until I can get a bigger set to replace all the sticks currently in there and transfer those to another box with more cores. Really wanted to get a pair of 1TB Evos since they're 64 bucks a pop but can't swing it because of this damn GPU.

I still can't enable XMP on my RAM even after a half dozen bios updates lol. Complete waste. Not that I care much.

Enjoy it. It has the power to brute force it's way through most of the awfully made PC ports these days, and you get to enjoy the salty teared Steam reviews for everyone who can't afford a 4090.

I still can't enable XMP on my RAM even after a half dozen bios updates lol. Complete waste. Not that I care much.
Been weeks and I still haven't actually gamed on it.

Last week I built a rig for a customer that had a 64GB kit of Vengeance 6000MHz. Just the regular stuff. XMP worked right off the bat. Z790 TUF and 13900k.

my Wife does not want me to pick up an XBox
I still want to play Star Field
So she okayed me to pick up a new gaming laptop

Asus TUF F15 15.6" FHD 144Hz Gaming Laptop (intel i7)[GeForce RTX 4050]

Specs
15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz Display

Intel Core 12th Gen i7-12700H 14 Core Processor (2.3-4.7GHz)

512GB M.2 SSD + 4Tb M.2 SDD storage with 16GB DDR4 RAM

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4050 Graphics, GDDR6 6GB RAM

1 x HDMI port

2 x USB 3.2 ports

1 x USB-C 3.2 port

1 x Thunderbolt 4.0 port

HD Webcam

Bluetooth v5.2

Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)

Up to 9 hours battery life

Windows 11 Home OS

Nice one, Harper. You'll have to let us know how the performance of that 4050 does. I'm looking at a gaming laptop for when I travel.

Back
Top Bottom