What You've Just Bought!

Oh it was nothing aimed at you, I got headphone amp dac myself. Just saw it and the advertising of the DAC and it made me go on a rant :ROFLMAO:
Oh my bad, in my sleep deprived state I was like wait, what? I kinda need it cause fuck onboard.
@kmanmx What brand of DAC do you have? Been looking at a bunch of models for a while now and can't seem to make up my mind?

@PP Mguire Why the AIO?
For the 12700k and Asus Z690-Plus Tuf D4 I got today at Microcenter.

Been using an EK 240 Premium for a while but I'm giving my boy the 3700x and board with 16GB of RAM and this AIO since it doesn't support LGA1700 (I could order a bracket but I wanted a 360 for the 12th gen). I was going to wait until Raptor Lake or even Meteor Lake before upgrading, but due to certain circumstances taking place I wanted to make sure I could get my collectable 3960x and Asus X79 board back for my XP rig. And he passed the entire semester without us having to say anything about grades so it's a reward.
Also in my sleep deprived state, I bought a 12" digital picture frame for my desk at work, 2 different Ahsoka Funko Pops for my work desk, an Ahsoka pillow case and blanket, and LED 5000k lights for the house. They got delivered and I was like...I have no memory of this.

Oh my bad, in my sleep deprived state I was like wait, what? I kinda need it cause fuck onboard.

For the 12700k and Asus Z690-Plus Tuf D4 I got today at Microcenter.

Been using an EK 240 Premium for a while but I'm giving my boy the 3700x and board with 16GB of RAM and this AIO since it doesn't support LGA1700 (I could order a bracket but I wanted a 360 for the 12th gen). I was going to wait until Raptor Lake or even Meteor Lake before upgrading, but due to certain circumstances taking place I wanted to make sure I could get my collectable 3960x and Asus X79 board back for my XP rig. And he passed the entire semester without us having to say anything about grades so it's a reward.
Also in my sleep deprived state, I bought a 12" digital picture frame for my desk at work, 2 different Ahsoka Funko Pops for my work desk, an Ahsoka pillow case and blanket, and LED 5000k lights for the house. They got delivered and I was like...I have no memory of this.

The H100i Elite AIO for my 12900k gets so hot. I have it exhausting out of the top of my PC, it kicks out so much heat that it keeps the whole of the underneath of my desk toasty warm when playing games. Don't think i've ever had a CPU that pushes out so much heat, it's kinda bad tbh when you compare it to competetive chips like an M1 Ultra that uses like half the power and is similarly fast.

Giving it some look, Thanks!

Niiiice! I have read about some bad bios crap for that board with regards to the type of memory used. Hopefully you won't have any issues. Is the boy getting a 2080ti as well?

Last edited:
Where's this coming from? I feel like you should know I have a full analog surround setup so a sound card is required.
I have a Topping D30 DAC connected to my pc via usb. I'm running an analog stereo from that, just two speakers though.....Surround sound did not exist when this amp was built.
I bought it on Ebay for $75. (I think) and have been using it for more than one year now.

The H100i Elite AIO for my 12900k gets so hot. I have it exhausting out of the top of my PC, it kicks out so much heat that it keeps the whole of the underneath of my desk toasty warm when playing games. Don't think i've ever had a CPU that pushes out so much heat, it's kinda bad tbh when you compare it to competetive chips like an M1 Ultra that uses like half the power and is similarly fast.
Asus board right? They overvolt out of the box, you need to tweak the voltages and it won't push so much heat. This is also why I'm moving to a 360 because I don't intend on leaving it stock. I also didn't get the i9 for the same reason, they're just too hot if you don't want to touch anything.
Giving it some look, Thanks!

Niiiice! I have read about some bad bios crap for that board with regards to the type of memory used. Hopefully you won't have any issues. Is the boy getting a 2080ti as well?
So did I, but I have enough laying around that I can figure it out hopefully. On the contrary, I decided against DDR5 because it has worse teething issues for little to no benefit. And nah, he has a Titan Xp, so he's keeping that. He's upgrading from a 3960x and Asus X79 board to a 3700x so I think that's enough upgrade for him.
I have a Topping D30 DAC connected to my pc via usb. I'm running an analog stereo from that, just two speakers though.....Surround sound did not exist when this amp was built.
I bought it on Ebay for $75. (I think) and have been using it for more than one year now.
Unfortunately for me, I've been a surround sound nerd for way too long. If I don't have it while gaming I feel like I'm missing out on something only to usually be terribly disappointed by terrible audio mixes.

Asus board right? They overvolt out of the box, you need to tweak the voltages and it won't push so much heat. This is also why I'm moving to a 360 because I don't intend on leaving it stock. I also didn't get the i9 for the same reason, they're just too hot if you don't want to touch anything.

dude you sent me down a rabbit hole lol. So I look into this voltage thing and seems people run a -0.05v offset on the core. So I run Cinbench R23 before I do anything just guage perf, and I get 26930 on the multi core. Not terrible but other people seem to be getting 28 or 29k. So straight away my perf is off. Not sure if it's because I ended up return my RAM speed to default with XMP off because of stability issues. Also the CPU package temp hit 100c and a couple of the cores did too, though from what i'm on overclocking forums seeing this isn't entirely surprisingly. So I do the 0.05v offset and it max's out at 96c instead and I get 26450 points. Tiny perf hit and avoiding throttling as much, cool, i'll stick with it. But it's still kinda hot. Then I fire up the iCUE software and suddenly my cooler gets a lot louder. Turns out if I don't run iCUE then my cooler seems to run in it's quietest mode. The temps down from 96 to 88c package once iCUE was running under it's default fan/pump curves.

dude you sent me down a rabbit hole lol. So I look into this voltage thing and seems people run a -0.05v offset on the core. So I run Cinbench R23 before I do anything just guage perf, and I get 26930 on the multi core. Not terrible but other people seem to be getting 28 or 29k. So straight away my perf is off. Not sure if it's because I ended up return my RAM speed to default with XMP off because of stability issues. Also the CPU package temp hit 100c and a couple of the cores did too, though from what i'm on overclocking forums seeing this isn't entirely surprisingly. So I do the 0.05v offset and it max's out at 96c instead and I get 26450 points. Tiny perf hit and avoiding throttling as much, cool, i'll stick with it. But it's still kinda hot. Then I fire up the iCUE software and suddenly my cooler gets a lot louder. Turns out if I don't run iCUE then my cooler seems to run in it's quietest mode. The temps down from 96 to 88c package once iCUE was running under it's default fan/pump curves.
It's also their AI OC shit, like both platforms have the same issue with Asus boards and too much voltage. Idk what I'm expecting to get with the DDR4 on a 12700k, I only really know 12900k numbers.

Insomnia kicked in so installed all my parts around midnight and just kept messing with it. Stock clocks with power limits disabled my max temp in multi-threaded Cinebench is 55c with the new cooler. So far it absolutely dog stomps the crap out of my 3700x.

Insomnia kicked in so installed all my parts around midnight and just kept messing with it. Stock clocks with power limits disabled my max temp in multi-threaded Cinebench is 55c with the new cooler. So far it absolutely dog stomps the crap out of my 3700x.
Just a tad bit cooler than my setup then lol

Back
Top Bottom