What You've Just Bought!

Indeed, BUT I do really want the eVGA Classified. I might save that for Raptor Lake.

So far I have a 12700k, Asus TUF Z690 D4, and EK Premium 360 AIO listed.

Wondering if I maybe should have got a 360mm cooler for this thing. The 240 seems absolutely fine for games, but temps are not good during anything extreme like Prime95 (not that I ever just casually use P95 lol). That said I bought an EK 360 years ago and it broke in a few months...

Had to knock my DRAM back down to 5200Mhz, had a couple soft crashes to desktop in Satisfactory game, and then a hard crash that I had to hold the power button down to turn my PC off. Guessing it was the RAM OC. No crashes before or after it was at 5400Mhz. Though oddly I had no issues with hours of DCS at 5400Mhz.

Bought the Tomcat F14 for DCS, my first DCS jet with no flight control system or glass cockpit.

Wondering if I maybe should have got a 360mm cooler for this thing. The 240 seems absolutely fine for games, but temps are not good during anything extreme like Prime95 (not that I ever just casually use P95 lol). That said I bought an EK 360 years ago and it broke in a few months...
Different manufacturer if you're talking about the old style. I have 2 of their current one and the only thing that's gone wrong is one fan on my wife's rig died. I've actually had quite a few fans die since I've been in this house and I'm not sure why.
Just remember that a gaming load will never be the same as productivity or full stress.

Bought the Tomcat F14 for DCS, my first DCS jet with no flight control system or glass cockpit.
Can you stop talking about this game? You're making me want to play it and I've already spent too much money.

Different manufacturer if you're talking about the old style. I have 2 of their current one and the only thing that's gone wrong is one fan on my wife's rig died. I've actually had quite a few fans die since I've been in this house and I'm not sure why.
Just remember that a gaming load will never be the same as productivity or full stress.

Can you stop talking about this game? You're making me want to play it and I've already spent too much money.

Ah fair.. I bought it quite a few years ago. Back when I had a maxwell Titan X card.

DCS is a way of life.. so no. It's all consuming. :geek:

Ah fair.. I bought it quite a few years ago. Back when I had a maxwell Titan X card.

DCS is a way of life.. so no. It's all consuming. :geek:
Actually noticed the base game is free on Steam so I downloaded it.
Looks like EK is working on a water block for that card. You gonna do a custom loop as well?

https://www.techpowerup.com/293472/ek-announces-rtx-3090-ti-water-block-plans
Yea I saw that, but probably not. Haven't been on a custom loop for over a year now and with our long term goals timeline coming up I just don't know if I'll want to drop the cash on it. We'll just have to see. Not to say I haven't looked at loop stuff though lol.

Good thing to try it to see if I'll even stick with it first before putting money down. Also UPS delayed my card for no reason at all.

It's a game that requires some comitment and learning before it's fun really. The first couple hours in a new plane/module are not great as you've no idea what to do, and getting the plane in the air is probably gonna require you to watch a couple youtube videos on cold start procedures. Hell before you can do that it takes a good 10 or 20 minutes just mapping all the required controls to your HOTAS. But once you have a few hours in game, have figured out the basic, it starts to be super rewarding when you start doing proper takeoff's and landings that follow proper USAF or US Navy procedures, can reliably hit targets and so on.

Sucks that UPS held it.. can you atleast get a delivery charge refund or something ? One good thing the UK has actually done quite well at is somehow we ended up with really good couriers like DPD who are really reliable, give you one hour delivery windows, let you presign deliveries, give instructions on where to leave parcels if youre not home, let you upgrade your delivery time and so on. And pretty much every store these days lets you order late into the evening and get delivery the next day. If you live within about 15 miles of a city you can usually get same day delivery from Amazon and a few other stores too.

It's a game that requires some comitment and learning before it's fun really. The first couple hours in a new plane/module are not great as you've no idea what to do, and getting the plane in the air is probably gonna require you to watch a couple youtube videos on cold start procedures. Hell before you can do that it takes a good 10 or 20 minutes just mapping all the required controls to your HOTAS. But once you have a few hours in game, have figured out the basic, it starts to be super rewarding when you start doing proper takeoff's and landings that follow proper USAF or US Navy procedures, can reliably hit targets and so on.
I pretty much know how to do that in an F-16. I used to play a lot of Falcon 4.0 back in the day.
Sucks that UPS held it.. can you atleast get a delivery charge refund or something ? One good thing the UK has actually done quite well at is somehow we ended up with really good couriers like DPD who are really reliable, give you one hour delivery windows, let you presign deliveries, give instructions on where to leave parcels if youre not home, let you upgrade your delivery time and so on. And pretty much every store these days lets you order late into the evening and get delivery the next day. If you live within about 15 miles of a city you can usually get same day delivery from Amazon and a few other stores too.
Nope, I'm just screwed and have to wait. Absolutely killing my weekend plans.

Back
Top Bottom