What You've Just Bought!

Same here. It won't let me sign in even though i have the same user name and password. Screw edge. I am so close to ripping this computer back apart and putting my old board back in. Windows won't take my passkey for windows 10 pro. I tried to put it back in and did the bit with it seeing all the new hardware. Like i said, i am about to rip this shit out!!!
Went went over that before, you don't have to sign in to ANY browser for it to work.
Another thing is that the computer doesn't see the other two ssd's on the sata connectors. I took out the m.2 and it saw windows 7 start up but goes into a start-up repair which it did, all last night!!! SO...If i want to use this hardware i am stuck with windows 10 something...:very_angry: I'll be back later.
Windows 7 was probably previously setup using CSM and so it's expecting that on the next machine. When you change hardware and want to dual boot it's best to format and start fresh for it all.

I went that route, It wouldn't go past install with the windows disc
I have been able to use one of the games inside a window for dos. The other two games are newer but won't play nice in windows 10. I wish i could trick the other games to open in dos. Could be so much easier. Now, Next issue was ( and may still have), is the windows 10 64 bit pro i had on my raptor drive went to the new drive no issues. But then it came up with a issue with the passkey. I clicked the new hardware option and it did its little thing then spit it back to me saying i need to buy another copy of windows10. I tried something, i wiped the m.2 drive and then went and did another clone doing sector by sector. So far, its working. I am thinking it was maybe running so fast it couldn't get the info or something. Anyway its working so far. Edge Chrome is at bay right now. Had enough trouble keeping things i do need to work without trying to screw with anything else. So far its working so don't make waves right? I haven't seen anything bugging me to do anything but to install updates. So maybe it now saw the passkey like it should have as i couldn't get updates on anything. Anyway thats all this ole dumb hillbilly has for now. If one of my two other nephews were around they could have done something to fix it right away but i am all alone here. The other two depend on me to fix stuff. It sucks. i have forgot most of the old dos commands and even at times had issues with windows 7 so windows 10 is another headache to work through. Take my time, i may get it to work yet.

Same here. It won't let me sign in even though i have the same user name and password. Screw edge. I am so close to ripping this computer back apart and putting my old board back in. Windows won't take my passkey for windows 10 pro. I tried to put it back in and did the bit with it seeing all the new hardware. Like i said, i am about to rip this shit out!!!
Windows 10 does not like new motherboards with the authentication from a different board. But if you log into your M$ account you should be able to authenticate with the new board. If you do not have a M$ account, buy a cheap Windows 7 (Pro) key on line and use that to authenticate your Windows 10. Also refer to the motherboard manual because some M.2 slots will use up a sata port. You'll need to make a slipstream Windows 7 install disk for that new motherboard, because it does not have the native drivers, You could get the "raw" drivers (chipset and xhci usb) and install those during your Windows 7 install set up. There is an option to install other drivers after you set up partitions/ format the drive. You can not use drivers that are in a zip file or uses windows installer.

Last edited:
I somehow got one of those games to work in dos box. The first game they made but still nothing on the other two yet. New computer is fast but i expected it to go even faster than it is. Its still doing updates so maybe when that is done it may behave itself ang get with the program.

I am holding on to my ssd with windows 7 on it for now. Will see how the programs work in a few days. Checking out windows 10 again. Seeing whats new, how much it wants to bully me into doing different programs like edge and there office edition. I have used openoffice for years and then there is libre office. Both free so ms can stuff that one too! Will see how much they have that i don't want. I will try and keep an open mind to this crap but i don't need most of the bloatware w10 has in it. Will let you know how this works out. Later

If you did not want all that M$ bloat, then you need to install the LTSC version of Windows 10. No Edge, No Cortana and all those useless games like candy crush and no forced updates with LTSC Windows 10, You'll only get some security updates

The only people I see loving Linux are super nerds. Never worked at any sensible enterprise that even considered going fully Linux for their users despite obvious cost benefits. It's just a pain in the ass to use compared to Windows to be honest. It's all well and good as a back end for IT infrastructure or whatever but it's honestly firmly in the disaster category for end user experience.

Back
Top Bottom