What You've Just Bought!

Ugh. My monitor arrived at my local UPS facility last night. If it had come FedEx it would be delivered today, but NO it had to come UPS.

Aaaaand USPS just screwed the pooch. Attempted delivery at 7:58PM, now available for pickup. Yeah, right.

What good is it to prove they didn't attempt? They're still not gonna deliver the package until the next day anyway. Do they compensate you in some way?

My experience is that whomever you complain to will, at best, apologize for the delay.

Im kind of glad we have a delivery company called DPD over here. They're so good and reliable. A great app where you can upgrade your delivery (choose before 10:30am etc), they give a specific 1 hour delivery window, and you get notifications when they are close to delivering. You can tell them where your "safe place" is so they'll leave it there or which neighbours they're allowed to leave it with. Honestly never had a missed delivery by them.

Im kind of glad we have a delivery company called DPD over here. They're so good and reliable. A great app where you can upgrade your delivery (choose before 10:30am etc), they give a specific 1 hour delivery window, and you get notifications when they are close to delivering. You can tell them where your "safe place" is so they'll leave it there or which neighbours they're allowed to leave it with. Honestly never had a missed delivery by them.
That system requires some intelligence.

Ain't happinin' round theze parts in the good ol' U.S. of A. :LOL:

I think a delivery service that serves a country the size of Germany, has a much better chance of on-time delivery and such since Germany is smaller than the state of California, and is all within the same time zone. I don't think they need to deal with as many weather anomalies within the same country as a delivery service in the US.

I'm not trying to make excuses for USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc... but, overall, I think they do a pretty good job. However, when I order something from California that is being sent from another state such as New York, there could be all kinds of reasons why a package got delayed between the 2 states.

I think a delivery service that serves a country the size of Germany, has a much better chance of on-time delivery and such since Germany is smaller than the state of California, and is all within the same time zone. I don't think they need to deal with as many weather anomalies within the same country as a delivery service in the US.

I'm not trying to make excuses for USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc... but, overall, I think they do a pretty good job. However, when I order something from California that is being sent from another state such as New York, there could be all kinds of reasons why a package got delayed between the 2 states.
This is true, but if there is anything from California to Mich you can count on 3 days or more. So it does depend on from where from and where too, but your not going to get a time frame for a delivery within one hour from no matter where from or too from any service within the U.S.... if your lucky, you probably get the day of delivery but no time within an hour. From the distribution point within your area (that your item is shipped too) from whatever carrier, I think they could give you a more accurate time frame. IE: your item comes NY. to Cali, Well it goes to a distribution point from someplace in Cali, to your home. It would not be that difficult to estimate the time from x city where the distribution point is located in Cali to your home. The Distribution point will be close to your local area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom