What You've Just Bought!

Since you aren't installing a discrete gpu, that 400W psu should be enough. If he decides later on he needs/wants to add a gpu, then the psu may need to be upgraded.

Since you aren't installing a discrete gpu, that 400W psu should be enough. If he decides later on he needs/wants to add a gpu, then the psu may need to be upgraded.
Yup... I was going to say the same thing. The current prices on power supplies are high right now so going with the 400w is o.k. If and when he wants to upgrade at a later point in time, power supply prices may drop by then.

Kind of a crapshoot there, paying more for something you could do. We call them pick and pulls by trade, just find what you want and grab it. I wouldn't want somebody else to get it, clean it, then upsell it to me lol.
And then you (I, over here, at least) don't get a warranty for a used part. Which saved me a lot of trouble several times before. It's the opposite of crapshoot here.

I think unless it's for modern 3D gaming, 400W CPU is enough especially with less power demanding CPU's. I've seen many non-gamers lately who completely refuse to game at all and obviously won't get even a mid-range GPU. Tho some mid-range GPU's might still don't use power cables, mind you. The application is the judge, I believe. Lower-end non-cable powered GPU's will run fine too, but I guess IGPU's are powerful enough now.

Yup... I was going to say the same thing. The current prices on power supplies are high right now so going with the 400w is o.k. If and when he wants to upgrade at a later point in time, power supply prices may drop by then.
They're only going to get higher too. A 550W PSU and above will have a 25% tariff on it unless the Biden admin revokes the trade war with China.
And then you (I, over here, at least) don't get a warranty for a used part. Which saved me a lot of trouble several times before. It's the opposite of crapshoot here.
Used implies no warranty generally, so that doesn't bother me much. In this case it's more of a remanufactured part with a limited warranty rather than a junk yard sale. A lot of older vehicles here have this stuff sold at retail chains where a core is remanufactured and sold as OEM. Not what I'd call a pick and pull special. The flip side is, pick and pull parts are so cheap that if it does shit the bed you can go get another one for pennies on the dollar.
I think unless it's for modern 3D gaming, 400W CPU is enough especially with less power demanding CPU's. I've seen many non-gamers lately who completely refuse to game at all and obviously won't get even a mid-range GPU. Tho some mid-range GPU's might still don't use power cables, mind you. The application is the judge, I believe. Lower-end non-cable powered GPU's will run fine too, but I guess IGPU's are powerful enough now.
I have a GT1030 in my youngest's machine and it runs circles around anything IGP besides higher end AMD APUs with Vega cores.

They're only going to get higher too. A 550W PSU and above will have a 25% tariff on it unless the Biden admin revokes the trade war with China.
The previous O'Bummer/O'Biden administration was known for giving the best head service to the communist Chinese govt in the past so I am sure the prices will drop

Last edited:
The price is exactly why I didn't go beyond my C922 Prostream. For only 60 bucks I could just use my DSLR and not need anything else.
As a quick update, I don't recommend it over the C922. The resolution is high and the features are nice, but I wanted quality more than anything else and it's basically just the same as the C920 I was borrowing with a slightly smoother framerate.

As a quick update, I don't recommend it over the C922. The resolution is high and the features are nice, but I wanted quality more than anything else and it's basically just the same as the C920 I was borrowing with a slightly smoother framerate.
Yea that doesn't surprise me since it's still a 1MP camera. They just have a USB3 port that allows 1080/60 and I was reading some reviews and it still uses that shit software Chromacam for background removal. Good thing Nvidia has Broadcast.

I've been a lover of the IBM Model M keyboard ever since I got one in 1986 (still have it and it still works like new). More or less on a whim, I ordered a New Model M keyboard from Unicomp. Typing on it now. The model M is the best mechanical keyboard ever made and the New Model M has the same sound and feel of the original Model M.

When IBM started getting out of the PC business, they spun off their printer/keyboard factory in Lexington, KY as a company called Lexmark. Later, when Lexmark shutdown, a new company called Unicomp acquired the keyboard patents and has been reproducing the Model M keyboards.

Any other fans of the Model M on this forum?

Back
Top Bottom