What You've Just Bought!

Myself, I replaced that old Fisher amp for a Harman Kardon AVR amp, and got two new speakers for my stereo system (BIC America - RtR 15 Eviction Series) That Fisher system may end up on ebay under "vintage". I might get as much or more than I paid for it in '86

The mini PC I ordered is here (for a while now) and it's good. Can emulate systems up PS1(X) and plays 720p60 Youtube smoothly. Plays 4k30 smooth enough but haven't tested it long enough cuz the desktop is 720p and 720p60 is enough for me. Total cost is $230 USD including the extra costs due to intergalactic shipping to this planet. Not too shabby for a box with such specs including a full version of Win10 Pro.

My Nephew got his 600 buck check and decided with that and what he had, he was going to buy a computer. After going to a couple of places and going on-line he came to me and asked if i could get the parts and build one for him. So, he is getting a Ryzen 3 3200 with Wrathe cooler. A B450M motherboard and 16 gigs of 2800 ram. Also a new PSU and a ssd drive. He bought a 27" monitor and is wanting a new printer. I will build it for him but its about the same price as the ones he was looking at. But he liked what he wanted so its on its way to us. One of those Newegg deals that was on EBay. Around 400 bucks for everything. He wants to use the same case. And is trying to get a printer he likes. I gave up trying to make sense to him but i can get more enjoyment talking to my walls. yeah...That!!

For me, I got 4 engines for my Train layout. 600 bucks for all and they are digital DCC engines with sound on board. I think i made a better deal than my Nephew. I dono, maybe it depends on the point of view. I am happy with my computer and i hope he will be too!
Hope the rest of you in the states enjoy your little extra pay joke!! Wonder if we will get the other 1400!!!

if and when uncle sam coughs up my $600. I'm getting a new router. Been looking at the Asus branded AX type routers. Currently I'm using an old Netgear N900. It was o.k., in it's day but that day has passed on by a long time ago.

Why not? If you pay federal income tax, they have your info to send you a check or bank deposit
Because people we know all around us have got theirs but when we check the site for a status we have ridiculous dates. For instance hers says April 21st.

All the best, ya'll. Such things take time, priority, que... etc.
I don't personally care because I know these things will bite us in the ass in the end, along with all the extra crap they're inserting into these bills (the real reasons they're pushing it). We got ours within the first week last time and this time people who get it in ways other than direct deposit have got it first.

Back
Top Bottom