What You've Just Bought!

Actually not too bad. Still not wide enough but close. I can't complain about it especially for the price. I just ordered a Red Dragon M801 Mammoth to give it a spin. For $27 I figure I won't be out much if I don't like it, but it looks to be built closer to the MS3 than this M720.

I really do wish that more companies would make a mouse that had the finger grips like the MS3. I know that it's a very personal choice, but having the ergonomics of a huge mouse, but in the space a claw grip with extended grips for fingers would be phenomenal.

I really do wish that more companies would make a mouse that had the finger grips like the MS3. I know that it's a very personal choice, but having the ergonomics of a huge mouse, but in the space a claw grip with extended grips for fingers would be phenomenal.
Especially when you are talking about older fingers that have been abused for decades...

Since I already have the adapter it's a moot point, but do you know of a better product for testing/diag? I'm not trying to call you out or challenge you , but I found in my limited research that the one I got was the best for my needs. NMVe and SSD or the norm for today's drives, so having something to function smoothly during a troubleshoot would be nice.

I guess what I'm asking is, did I pay to much for a comparable product?
Are you asking me or asking Joe? I was just merely saying the connection was irrelevant as it's still only 10Gb. A type C to type A cable wouldn't slow it down since he said he would prefer a "USB 3" which I translated as a type A connected device since type C is still USB 3.

I was thinking in more broad terms of a better adapter solution, not a faster one. I'm not thinking of price to performance... But in terms of what is cheaper at doing the same objective. (which is not necessarily file xfer speed) I'm looking at purely an NVMe adapter solution. It saves time when needing to access a drive.

I take this as I would (back in the day) to being an IDE HDD adapter. Not something I would use on daily basis, but a nice to have when needed.

I was thinking in more broad terms of a better adapter solution, not a faster one. I'm not thinking of price to performance... But in terms of what is cheaper at doing the same objective. (which is not necessarily file xfer speed) I'm looking at purely an NVMe adapter solution. It saves time when needing to access a drive.

I take this as I would (back in the day) to being an IDE HDD adapter. Not something I would use on daily basis, but a nice to have when needed.
Yea I had you there and wasn't disagreeing. I think the disconnect is you didn't realize the connector and speed talk was for Joe lol. Matter a fact I want one, especially since I still have boards that don't like NVMe drives.

Spark plugs and a valve cover gasket.
What?! This is the Off-topic thread!
Actually this is "what you just bought" thread, so no worries....your right where your supposed to be!
I saw Western Digital blue 500 GB SSD's on sale at the Egg for $55, and that is for the 2.5" sata and M.2 sata drives..... I wanna buy a bunch of 'em

https://www.newegg.com/western-digi...x-_-InternalSSDs-_-20250087-S3A2C&ignorebbr=1

https://www.newegg.com/western-digital-blue-500gb/p/N82E16820250091

Last edited:
Let me know how the grip compares to the MS3. I am still trying to find a decent replacement for it. The Corsair Ironclaw is close but the ass end ain't big enough (extended grips for the ring and pinkie). I went back to a Mionix Naos for a bit but it didn't cut it. Same with a Deathadder and Mamba. I am currently using a Red Dragon M720 Vampire.

So I'm not going to do a full review, as I just got it, but I will say that it fits comfortably in my hand. Unlike the MS3, I will have to get used to having my ring finger sitting on top my little finger. It's not that it uncomfortable, but I'm just not used to it, since the MS3 has a grip dedicated for those 2 fingers. It's light in my hand, which to say is a little bit heavier than the MS3, but natural feeling. My hand position is the same as the MS3, and as a bonus, the thumb buttons, I can actually reach without stretching my thumb and moving the mouse. I'll take some pictures of hand positions and whatnot later on, but so far, it's not a bad mouse compared to the MS3. But it is a little more compact just because of the design of the body. If they made an addon piece that could accommodate both fingers separately, that would be awesome. So all in all, I will reserve judgement for later once I have had time to play around with it and see the pros and cons, but color me impress so far... :)

EDIT: DPI settings and button assigning is very good even with the icue software. Not sure about battery life with the RGB, but it's a nice "picturesque" feature. Not something I might keep on if my gaming went back to my previous levels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom