What You've Just Bought!

Surprisingly easy, though I didn't go through normal immigration - I'm a DoD contractor so I'm working here as SOFA status. No different than going to another country and getting a stamp on my passport - just a different stamp.

Company paid for my car, is paying for my apartment, paying for all my utilities, is paying for language lessons, and I get money to take vacations (literally called an "R&R benefit" - $5k every six months! Got a massive pay increase out of it too.

Figured I could do this for a few years and outright buy a house when I get back to the states, if I ever return. It's a pretty sweet gig.
There were two of us in the ALIS team that were supposed to do that. Me to Japan and another guy to Australia and that basically was our goal too. I already had my house so mine was to drop a ton of cash on the principle and refinance.

There were two of us in the ALIS team that were supposed to do that. Me to Japan and another guy to Australia and that basically was our goal too. I already had my house so mine was to drop a ton of cash on the principle and refinance.
Why didn't you do it? Totally worth it. I'm only in the office when needed so most of the time I use to explore Japan :thumbsup:

Why didn't you do it? Totally worth it. I'm only in the office when needed so most of the time I use to explore Japan :thumbsup:
The other guy got sent to Luke for training and was in the process but the whole thing got canned before they started me up. Couple months later was when I was laid off and neither of us got to go because they were in the process of the project changing internal hands. As of Dec 31st that whole team will be gone.

You're not at LM anymore? There's a Lockheed Martin guy here working on comms with Raytheon. I handle other parts of the base so I don't interact with him much.

You're not at LM anymore? There's a Lockheed Martin guy here working on comms with Raytheon. I handle other parts of the base so I don't interact with him much.
I got rehired a couple months later back into my old scrub iLab position at half the salary. Been doing that a year and a half now.

I got rehired a couple months later back into my old scrub iLab position at half the salary. Been doing that a year and a half now.
Raytheon's always hiring :) mostly in classified spots, not sure if you want that, but there's about 3,000 internal spots they're hiring for right now. There are even a few in McKinney TX.

On topic,
bought a lamp, a nightstand, a fan, recycle bins (recycling in Japan is.... intense), and an Antlion Modmic because I forgot mine in the states

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom