What You've Just Bought!

Yea, finally able to turn on IPS without losing 2/3 of my total speed. Plus integrates the surveillance and controller as well as built in SFP+.
SFP+? Pfft, need SFP28 for all those 8k60Hz video feeds so you can watch every blade of grass for safety and security

Just ordered a Cooler Master MasterBox K500 mid tower. I am going to put the parts I was trying to sell into it and sell it as a complete rig.
* Ryzen 5 1600
* MSI B350 Gaming Plus mobo
* AMD Wraith Max RGB cooler
* Patriot 2x4GB DDR4 3000MHz
* XFX RX570 4GB graphics card
* 512GB SSD
* Antec 650W PSU

81wsJY9UO4L._SL1500_.jpg

Ended up grabbing a small Pi4 4GB and a cheap monitor to do just one thing... No more calls when the internet goes out, family can look at a screen and be like, "oh, ok!"

6ZOxZIR.jpg

QYQNj5F.jpg

1cYB6N1.jpg

I sold the PC I cobbled together from spare parts (Ryzen 5 1600, MSI B350 Gaming Plus, 2x4GB Patriot RAM, 512GB Adata SSD, RX 570, Antec 650W PSU, Cooler Master Box K500) the other day, so I made a stop at Micro Center today. I upgraded from a Zotac GTX 1660 Amp to a Power Color Red Devil RX 5700 XT.

Here's a pic of the new card and one of it beside the old. I have ordered a Cooler Master vertical GPU bracket and cable for it, and it should be here by the end of the week. I will post some pics once I have everything set up like I want it.

I have already found that Nvidia is easier to work with regarding multiple monitors. I figured out how to not include my 19" in the Eyefinity setup but I can't find a way to make my center monitor the main the way I could with Nvidia. Everything pinned to my taskbar is at the far side of my left monitor and the system tray is at the far side of my right one. Hell, there may not be a way to do it with AMD's software but I will keep digging.

Attachments

• IMG_20200304_205249[1].jpg
    IMG_20200304_205249[1].jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200304_211518[1].jpg
    IMG_20200304_211518[1].jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1
My middle son has a 3 monitor setup with a 5700xt and he has not gotten it the way he wants either. I have heard that the latest driver has solved a few lingering problems with them, but I don't know if it fixed his issues or not. Right now he's on a double monitor...

But I bought a S**t ton of cleaning supplies and stuff to help combat the crap virus that is going to get around. Since I drive half the country, I am becoming slightly paranoid about it all. Most people I talk to are clueless, misinformed, or just plain don't care about it... Give it another week or so and I think that will change...

Well the vertical GPU bracket was a bust. Apparently the cable that came with it is bad. I will get a replacement and see how that one works.

I really wanted to get a 5700 and flash it to XT for my VR rig so I could do more testing with AMD hardware. The horror stories all around the net kept me from doing so.

So it's been almost a month but yesterday finally went to a gun show. Got myself a Canik TP9 SFx. So far, really great pistol.

Back
Top Bottom