What You've Just Bought!

Jesus dude :tongue:
$$$ cOnSumERIst ShIlL !!!! $$$

But no seriously, I just said I was returning the phone. Not sure what you're getting at? I don't see what's wrong with that picture, other than the fact that Lexus doesn't support Android Auto yet?
What am I getting for all that money? A really nice car. What's your point? I didn't buy the phone solely to use it with my car. It's a phone.

I seriously don't understand what you're getting at, other than calling me a consumerist shill :tongue:

@ iFargle, Just trying to keep up the tradition of giving some a difficult time when it comes to buying new cars.

Well, a certain set of people have to buy new cars, otherwise there would be no second-hand cars to buy :p

So I have awesome news.
One of my girlfriends' friends' dads has a early 90's Cessna 172 that needs an engine rebuild.
Roughly $20k for an engine rebuild on it.

He wants to give it to me for free.
I'm seriously considering taking it. I'm about half way through my PPL right now and having my own plane would be cheaper than renting one every time I wanted to fly.

After roughly 120 hours of flight I'd break even on renting vs owning.

So I have awesome news.
One of my girlfriends' friends' dads has a early 90's Cessna 172 that needs an engine rebuild.
Roughly $20k for an engine rebuild on it.

He wants to give it to me for free.
I'm seriously considering taking it. I'm about half way through my PPL right now and having my own plane would be cheaper than renting one every time I wanted to fly.

After roughly 120 hours of flight I'd break even on renting vs owning.

Very nice... But the biggest question is how much is monthly storage fees, insurance, inspections (monthly, quarterly, annually, etc... to include shop mechanic fees) and fuel. Now I'm sure there are places that have that a "plan" so-to-speak, but considering all the costs in that respect, is it worth it to have your own? Renting one only when wanted, to me, would be cheaper since I wouldn't have to worry about all the extra fees for when I'm NOT FLYING.

I liken it to someone have an RV. Depending on how much you want to travel a year it makes a difference between an RV that you drive or one that is pulled along behind you.

So I guess it would depend on how much you plan on running around the sky?
Just my 2.5 cents

This is all true. Storage is dirt cheap, only $70/mo. Gas is pretty expensive, and all rentals around here are the wet rate, so that's another plus.
Insurance though.. That's liable to kill the deal :lol:

^ The guy said he knows someone who can appraise it at scrap value, so very little taxes on it :tongue:
Though he hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'm still waiting

In other news, I "bought" my last student loan payment. Nearly $30k this year paid. I'm student loan debt free and I met my goal of paying them off before the end of the year! yay!

In other news, I "bought" my last student loan payment. Nearly $30k this year paid. I'm student loan debt free and I met my goal of paying them off before the end of the year! yay!

That's awesome, bud. I have mine down fairly low but it will be next year before there are retired by the look of things.

Back
Top Bottom