What You've Just Bought!

Cooler Master H500
2 x 140mm case fans

Ordered myself a Cooler Master H500 case the other day. I had the day off yesterday when it came in so I was able to transplant my system into it. The 140mm fans should be in today and I will get those installed in the top of the case.

XFX RX570 4GB
HDMI to DVI cable

The cooling fan on my wife's GTX8800GS was dying and making an awful racket. The quick searches that I made for an aftermarket cooler didn't give me much and what it did wasn't cheap. I did, however, find a good deal on the 570 and went with that. Her monitors are DVI so I ordered the cable just to make my life simpler.

Attachments

• IMG_20190920_150504[1].jpg
    IMG_20190920_150504[1].jpg
    106 KB · Views: 6
Decent case... Not a bad pick. I've been researching cases myself for a month or so now... I think I got it narrowed down to a few:
1. Phanteks Pro M Tempered Glass
2. Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital
3. Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition
4. Fractal Design Meshify C

Not sure yet though... What do ya'll think?

I bought a Dan A4 a while ago. I love the thing. Nice and small, easy to transport

For fans of Disasterpeace and/or AFI, both recently posted anniversary vinyl presses of seminal albums of theirs. Disasterpeace has 89/500 copies of Rise of the Obsidian Interstellar left, and AFI is still currently taking pre-orders for a beautiful All Hallow's E.P. They kept Alan Forbes original art, so everything about it is just t!ts.

Disasterpeace - https://music.disasterpeace.com/album/rise-of-the-obsidian-interstellar - there's a thumbnail of the vinyl you can click on to get a closer look, and a link to order a little bit further down.

AFI - https://www.merchbar.com/rock-alternative/afi/afi-all-hallows-e-p-10-picture-disc - still taking pre-orders so hopefully you can snag one!

Bought another Lenovo
X1 Carbon this time, not the Extreme.

16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 2560x1440 res screen
Tired of Apple. MacOS Catalina is the farthest thing from relevant to me.
Going full FOSS. Just need to find a decent iPad alternative :tongue:

Bought another Lenovo
X1 Carbon this time, not the Extreme.

16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 2560x1440 res screen
Tired of Apple. MacOS Catalina is the farthest thing from relevant to me.
Going full FOSS. Just need to find a decent iPad alternative :tongue:

I ****ing hate FOSS **** right now. I am TRYING to install tcpdump via rpm or tdnf on a minimal PhotonOS appliance but no matter what I do it just gives me this:

error: Failed to initialize NSS library

I tried so much stuff and it refuses to work. Even just typing 'rpm' and hitting enter on it's own gives the error.

Just got a new monitor (See bottom right of pic) a couple days ago. Micro Center had it on sale for $300, so I grabbed it as quickly as I could... (Hey, for what it is, I thought it was just that good of a price) ...Finally my step out of 1080p, so I'm pretty happy xdd

I also had to get a wall mount for my older AOC monitor, because I didn't wanna have to move it into storage... Since it's an old TN panel, I had to make sure the wall mount I bought had full swivel + tilt, because of the n a r r o w viewing angle on those type of displays...

Unfortunately though, some of my games don't perform as well in 1440p. My 1660Ti kinda struggles sometimes... Might get a 5700XT at some point, to fix that... *shrug*
LD2z59Q.jpg

My 2007 Camry bit the dust over the weekend. $3k repair on a car worth like $800.

So I bought a fully loaded Lexus UX 250h. It's lovely

Back
Top Bottom