What You've Just Bought!

ordered a raspberry Pi 4 4GB
Totcal came out to just under $75 shipped for everything (Power supply, heat sink, the pi itself)

Excited! Finally a Pi with 4K!

Ordered an Adata SU750 512GB SSD. My 250GB SSD game drive is just about out of room.

My 250GB has felt absolutely tiny for at least a couple years now. Going to go for a ~1TB M.2 once I switch up to Ryzen 3000.

My 250GB has felt absolutely tiny for at least a couple years now. Going to go for a ~1TB M.2 once I switch up to Ryzen 3000.

My mobo only has a single M.2 which I use for my OS drive. :/

Other purchases:
Two windshield mount phone holders as my state is enacting a ban on holding a cell phone while driving on the first of July.

Also ordered a Xiaomi Mi Band 4.

I too only use a 250 gb nvme drive, but I moved all my library folders onto a larger platter drive in order to keep my drive space down. I've had this drive for several years now and it's still only 50% full

I try to keep mine simple. Just a single 2TB nVME drive now. It fits everything I need. :tongue: My desktop is mostly ephemeral. I have a /home partition that doesn't change, but the OS changes quite frequently. I just re-install Lutris and Steam and remap the folders and I'm back in business. Haven't had any issues with this yet (save for the kernel bug that stopped Steam from working a few days ago)

Moved to Fedora 30 last week from Arch. TBH I'm missing Arch's bleeding edge updates, but Fedora does have repos for this so it's working out. Benefit of being upstream RHEL though, so stability is nice.

Back
Top Bottom