What You've Just Bought!

At this point in time (5/11/2019) memory and SSD prices are very low. With the latest news I heard tonight Pres. Trump will be starting tariffs on Chinese goods, in retaliation China will jack up prices.
So... is now a good time to stock up on pc parts, or will DDR5 make DDR4 now obsolete before the prices rise?
Are you (U.S. citizens) willing to pay more for something made in the States?

I just paid $10 for a car part made in Usa. It's a Japanese car ffs but I use a lot of American made parts, some made in Canada or Japan, but only thing Chinese in my car is general tso combo. I try to by socks and whatever clothing usa. But if you are in the market for electronics they manufacture it all. Can't boycott China made electronic goods and still buy an alternative. There are many reasons and pros and cons. I feel like as soon as the pres is mentioned everyone gets triggered and so does he. That it's a summary for this news and every other. Even the puppet masters who try and plan the economy know it's random. The stock market, now crypto market (lots of us Banks buying coins), job market, housing, tax, it's too many things to predict with our current tech and understanding. Sells lots of adspace on cnn fox bbc whatever your brand of nonsense. That's all it's good for entertainment for those who care to listen and ad filler. I was reading about a new plastic b recycling technique that's going to clean up the ocean trash. But all you see is Trump drinks a Pepsi, the coke drinking crowd boos and hisses, and all relevancy and meaning and relatability to our lives goes out the window. Trade policy is gangster anyway when you consider the drug war and the role cia plays in it to make money.

I don't feel so bad seeing how much you guys have spent now :p

The most I have seen on an account is in the $3 million range. Those accounts tend to be re-sellers and the such.

The highest normal account I have seen was at around $750,000

All in, list price was $5,144.89, with actual purchase price being $3,360.32 for me.

At this point in time (5/11/2019) memory and SSD prices are very low. With the latest news I heard tonight Pres. Trump will be starting tariffs on Chinese goods, in retaliation China will jack up prices.
So... is now a good time to stock up on pc parts, or will DDR5 make DDR4 now obsolete before the prices rise?
Are you (U.S. citizens) willing to pay more for something made in the States?
Pretty sure we've already had a rise in price because of this and it went back down. So nothing new by now. Luckily I don't need either.

Pretty sure we've already had a rise in price because of this and it went back down. So nothing new by now. Luckily I don't need either.
Not thinking as a thing for need, but rather as a profit angle, but a bunch of memory and ssd's today and possibly within the next two months that may double in price because of the trade war with China. One could make extra cash on ebay that way

I've only seen that work a few times. Once my friend preordered lots of game console at msrp and I was like you're an idiot. When the holidays came the stores ran out and he sold them all at $100 markup at least.

back when the switch was new it was impossible to get because people in my area bout multiple and then sold them on Craigslist. It was infuriating. The moment I found out one was in stock at Best Buy I drove down and bought one. :tongue:

I think he had factored in the desperate parents who MUST have the toy their spoiled child requires for xmas appeasement and keeping up with the Jones. He made a lot of dough from idk who. But people get crazy with spending on xmas crap.

Back
Top Bottom