What You've Just Bought!

I guess in a sense it would be, cause they wouldn't respect patent law or anything so competition between sellers would drive down costs far beyond the monopolized prices set at the moment by pharmas who completely control the production and distribution of certain drugs
Buuut the downside is with no regulatory oversight, there's no hard reason for every seller to be 100% honest about their product and/or whether they cut corners on it. So your anti-cancer pill might be 70% baking powder :p

I don't think it's "several trillion", but I do agree with you.
Granted we are making strides in cancer research, it's a very profitable industry and can be, has been, and will be slowed down due to this. Good ol' capitalism :tongue:

I don't think it's "several trillion", but I do agree with you.
Granted we are making strides in cancer research, it's a very profitable industry and can be, has been, and will be slowed down due to this. Good ol' capitalism :tongue:

Honestly I think this is fake news.

If a scientist discovers any kind of cure for cancer, he is not going to keep quiet about it, even with the threat of losing his job or a lawsuit. The chances are slim a single scientist would even make the discovery alone, so it would take a concerted effort by multiple people willing to keep the suffering and death of millions of cancer victims every year just for some gagging order or handsome financial payout by the company they work for. I don't buy it.

Not only that, but there is huge amounts of research outside of profit greedy big pharma. Tens of thousands of scientists working for charities and University research bodies are on the leading edge of curing cancer.

If there is any kind of cure or breakthrough, it will not be kept secret for very long, no matter how hard they try. I am not even sure these companies would bury such research anyway, it's unconscionable. The vast majority of even the greediest of capitalist pigs would probably wince at the idea of hiding a cure.

Last edited:
Recently bought:
Kindle Fire 10.1" and case/cover (for my MiL, Mother's Day)
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 and extra bands (for my mom, Mother's Day)
Fitbit Versa, extra band, covers (for my wife, Mother's Day)
Honor 8X, blue, plus cases (for me)
Honor 8x, black, plus covers (for my wife)
Zotac GTX 1660 AMP

Amazon likes me.

Recently bought:
Kindle Fire 10.1" and case/cover (for my MiL, Mother's Day)
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 and extra bands (for my mom, Mother's Day)
Fitbit Versa, extra band, covers (for my wife, Mother's Day)
Honor 8X, blue, plus cases (for me)
Honor 8x, black, plus covers (for my wife)
Zotac GTX 1660 AMP

Amazon likes me.

Lol same. I'm gonna add up how much i've spent on Amazon ever. Brb.

edit:

Holy ****balls

216 individual items
£10349 total cost

Last edited:
@kmax come on dude, you could say the same thing to scientists trying to bring an alternative to gasoline and oil against that cartel. It can't be done. To say a single scientist cannot do it themselves, LOL.

During the cold war, a few antiwar scientist were forcibly co-opted into helping make things they were ethically against. Coming out with cancer or aids cure or water additive that goes in the tank and makes power, you'll be dead before next sunrise.

907 individual items on mine
10/6/2010 - first purchase
5/3/2019 - most recent purchase
3131 days total
$30,794.88 total
An average of $9.84 per day.
Jesus H Christ.

I really need to lay off Amazon.
Same day delivery is so convenient though.....

Back
Top Bottom