What You've Just Bought!

Swapped out my Sony A7 III camera for a Samsung Q990B soundbar.

And then after less than 24 hours ownership, tripped while walking, covered the whole thing in lemonade...

It's sat upside down on a towel drying out. Probably gonna put it in a big box with some dessicant overnight too. BIG SIGH.

Swapped out my Sony A7 III camera for a Samsung Q990B soundbar.

And then after less than 24 hours ownership, tripped while walking, covered the whole thing in lemonade...

It's sat upside down on a towel drying out. Probably gonna put it in a big box with some dessicant overnight too. BIG SIGH.
Did your soundbar survive?

Yes, thank god! 6 hours in a hot room with a heater cranked and a fan blowing over it and it was fine.

Hello fellow 4090 user :)
✋

I'm glad people were actually able to get them at launch this time instead of having scalpers end up with them all like the 3000 series.

Now I just have to hope I'm not cpu bottlenecked, but I feel like I likely will be :(

✋

I'm glad people were actually able to get them at launch this time instead of having scalpers end up with them all like the 3000 series.

Now I just have to hope I'm not cpu bottlenecked, but I feel like I likely will be :(

To be honest it was no better than the 3080 launch here in the UK. It came into stock and after 1 minute it was gone. I just got really lucky, happened to check the website again the day after launch just as they had added a handful of new arrivals back into stock. Got my order in, and they were out of stock again within a couple of minutes.

✋

With the G9, you won't really be.

Amazon and Newegg had 980 Pro 2TB drives with and without heatsink on sale for 179. I'm a Sabrent guy but couldn't pass that deal up so I got 2 of them. Just put one in my wife's machine. I'll wait on mine for a bit since I still have some Premiere Pro work to do.

I ordered a fuel pump relay from the local Saudi Amazon (but sold and shipped from Amazon USA) for my 30 year old car. Never knew it provided such parts. Lucky to have a popular car, I guess.
Been away from buying computer parts lately. Looks like I'm well stocked already and won't get crazy before at least 4 more years or something.

Bought these locally off Marketplace for $50. SONY SS-MF600H after about 45 minutes of searching because they are like 21 years old. Although they're not the greatest because they don't have an internal crossover they'll make for good speakers once I'm done upgrading them.

Attachments

• 317227321_501618388669225_785392.jpg
    317227321_501618388669225_785392.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 1
Bought these locally off Marketplace for $50. SONY SS-MF600H after about 45 minutes of searching because they are like 21 years old. Although they're not the greatest because they don't have an internal crossover they'll make for good speakers once I'm done upgrading them.
Why do they not have an internal cross overs? Were they removed by someone else? On most cheap speakers the x-overs are mounted on the back side of the post connectors, pull out the post connector frame for the speaker wires and usually you'll find a couple of cheap caps and maybe a resistor soldered behind those posts. Don't count on finding any coils, although you might get lucky and they'll have those too. I noticed that on line service manuals make no mention of any x-overs but I think you'll find something mounted behind those speaker wire posts. My Fishers were like that and I popped in some higher quality caps and that in itself made a noticeable difference.
Edit..... here is a x-over for a SS-MF550H:

1669649883125.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom