What You've Just Bought!

Nukem

Where am I again?
I think it's a matter of very little people/businesses using the 10GB... It takes dollars to keep the infrastructure going... But yea it was 200ish when I left last year, so something had to kick up that price. But it looks like they dropped the price by 10 for the 1GB. So who knows...

Either way I was still hella impressed with the speeds I got there. Just wish I could get them here, but it's still not bad for Cox.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
I think it's a matter of very little people/businesses using the 10GB... It takes dollars to keep the infrastructure going... But yea it was 200ish when I left last year, so something had to kick up that price. But it looks like they dropped the price by 10 for the 1GB. So who knows...

Either way I was still hella impressed with the speeds I got there. Just wish I could get them here, but it's still not bad for Cox.
Maybe it's the business person in me, but IMO if they were worried about ROI on infrastructure the bean counters wouldn't have gave the OK to deploy to begin with. If I had to guess it's because title 2 got shut down after the big 3rd party competition deploy and they decided with no real competition they can charge whatever they want.

In any case, I think if I moved anywhere permanent now I'm going to make 10Gb a hard requirement.

Top Bottom