What You've Just Bought!

If your still young enough to skate without worrying about breaking something in your body...Great!!!
Also... What is a HDMI audio extractor and why do you need that?

If your still young enough to skate without worrying about breaking something in your body...Great!!!
Also... What is a HDMI audio extractor and why do you need that?
That's why I have pads. Elbow, knee, hands, and a helmet. The only time I've ever hurt myself was because I was dumb and not wearing any protection, but with pads on it's a case of landing on pads instead of skin.
Update.... I got the crossovers put together last night, and will start on the cabinets later on today.
View attachment 14026

View attachment 14027

View attachment 14028

View attachment 14029
That is actually cool af. If I could solder I would love to do something like this.

That's why I have pads. Elbow, knee, hands, and a helmet. The only time I've ever hurt myself was because I was dumb and not wearing any protection, but with pads on it's a case of landing on pads instead of skin.

That is actually cool af. If I could solder I would love to do something like this.
Soldering is not very difficult, it only takes the better tools and best supplies. I got a soldering station and use audio grade silver solder, it's not cheap, but it makes for better solder joints! You need to use some name brand flux and a good flux cleaner too.
I use the Ungar 4624 soldering station, I found that at a garage sale for $10. but I think I spent more to get it fixed up and working. I like this soldering station and I hope it lasts many more years because I do not think I can get any parts for it today, I had a hellava time finding a tip back in the early 2000's when I found it.

Honestly... even with pads, I know it would be a very bad idea for me to attempt to skate at my age

Last edited:
In my younger days I was extremely adept at soldering, due to spending the first 12 years of my work career as an electronics tech (not a PC Tech). I can still solder when necessary but it's a real chore for me now since I can't see as well as I used to and my hands shake too much. I have a Weller soldering station that my wife gave me as a birthday gift about 45 years ago that still works great.

If you know what you're doing you don't need a fancy soldering station or expensive solder. Regular 60/40 rosin core solder and a $10 soldering iron can make perfectly fine solder joints.

I know how, it's a case of I'm not good at it. Because I'm not good at it I don't do it which is why I don't get better. If I was trying to make some nice audio gear I would want good solid joints.

I was at my local supermarket this moring first thing getting my shopping in. Food shopping being freezer, cupboards and a few things for the fridge. Now I have two freezers. I was in say no more than twenty five minutes and spent £75 on six bag loads of shopping. Filled the cupboards no problem and got a good few things in my second freezer with the freezer on my fridge freezer filled . £75 pound right.

Now get this. Went to my local convenience store being a NISA and got three bags of shopping of items that are not commonly found in the big chains like the smaller stores. Three bags and cost £67. SIXTY SEVEN POUND for three bags of smaller item essentials that I buy on a regular basis, I genuinely didn't realize how much it was going to be until I got to the checkout . I bought essentials like pop, milk, cleaning stuff, washing stuff and some tobacco.

Seriously that's it. The price of cigarettes in this country compared to the likes of the EU is a pure and total utter god dammed forsaken disgrace . I hate the Tory government and I dispize originally George Osbourn and his previous Government. 50p tax rises at a time when his Government was in power. Robbing the poor to give it back to the rich.

I'm genuinely not just saying this but when this situation is over with Covid as their seems to be now a light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccines its god help all of us and people like me who will drink supermarket bought alcohol in the house and being a smoker. They are all ready saying the current chancellor is going to put the price of alcohol up in the next budget next Wednesday and reduce the price of alcohol in pubs, clubs and the hospitality industry .

All I'm saying is when this situation is over and it will be IMHO one day, even if its this country alone. Their is going to be such dayright robbery happening by our Government as it was reported they are in debt by two trillion GBP . Honestly, in this country god help us all .

There are a lot of recipes on line to make your own alcohol right at home. Even here in the U.S. I can get Wine and Beer making kits locally, the hard stuff not so much but the parts are available on line for personal shine. Never looked into the "bathtub gin" though....
Tobacco is not good for you. Of course I'm not intending to prevent you from doing what you want... but it'll kill ya in the long run

You're rite and I know this. I do enjoy it but these days were smoking is not as much as I used to. Its just not worth it any more. Its to expensive. Especially in the UK. I enjoy a cigarette more when I wake up and after a something hot to eat than any other time of the day or night . I can easily smoke a 20 pack to 30 a day but these days I don't . Yeah its to expensive but the pleasure is just not their any more. As for the drink, I enjoy that more these days than I do tobacco and I simply think thats because I get more enjoyment out of it and more for my money. I've cut down a lot and I mean a lot and most importantly I'm feeling it on my health. What can only be a good thing .

There are a lot of recipes on line to make your own alcohol right at home. Even here in the U.S. I can get Wine and Beer making kits locally, the hard stuff not so much but the parts are available on line for personal shine. Never looked into the "bathtub gin" though....
Please don't tell him that...

Back
Top Bottom