What You've Just Bought!

While Working to to build a new computer for my Nephew, i saw his new Monitor and i have decided to get one too. Pricey!! So i have a new 4k monitor heading this way. Full 27". About time.

If possible I'd like an example of best case quality. I've ditched webcams for video purposes in the 1080 area in favor of DSLR but curious how that one does because it also supports Windows Hello.
Sure thing, once it's arrived (it'll be 7-14 days due to Brexit where it previously would've been 2). I'll take some photos and make a thread.

Sure thing, once it's arrived (it'll be 7-14 days due to Brexit where it previously would've been 2). I'll take some photos and make a thread.
It arrived this morning. Immediate thoughts:
- Very solid construction, surprisingly heavy. Pretty big too.
- Comes with a physical privacy cover, a clip-on flap wide enough to cover all three sensors.
- Comes with a heavy-duty USB-C to USB-A cable (Brio side is USB-C, obviously), decent length at 1.5m at a guess. Very similar to the Switch Pro Controller cable.
- The 90 degree viewing angle is crazy wide, looks great but considering I want it for meetings I've stuck it at the lowest angle (options are 65, 78, 90)
- It does HDR, but I couldn't see any difference with HDR on or off

Need to tidy myself and the office up before I take stills and video :p

First thing I do is disable my webcam in any meeting. I don't see the need for one with internal meetings. If you are speaking to customers then yeah maybe. But I don't see why my normal colleagues need to see my face on a daily basis.

And holy shit, £200 for a webcam. It best make you look real beautiful Yami.

First thing I do is disable my webcam in any meeting. I don't see the need for one with internal meetings. If you are speaking to customers then yeah maybe. But I don't see why my normal colleagues need to see my face on a daily basis.

And holy shit, £200 for a webcam. It best make you look real beautiful Yami.
The price is exactly why I didn't go beyond my C922 Prostream. For only 60 bucks I could just use my DSLR and not need anything else.

Do y'all have salvage/junk yards over there?
Yup, as much as it is in USA, at least for these specific old cars. The US MB community I'm a member of say this much. The only possible difference I know of is here merchants dissemble, collect, clean and maintain the parts then sell them in stores. Those stores are being removed now due to reasons, tho. They are getting less and less. The worries of middle-class old car owners, I guess.

Well, I got all the stuff i need to do a nice build for my nephew. I bought a DYU PC cab for everything to fit in. A Gigabyte motherboard, 16 gigs of Aegis 3200 ram. A ryzen 3 2nd gen 3.6 base. A seasonic 400 watt power supply. I think i told already the monitor. A ssd 250 gb. His old HD is 320gb, and will be keeping it for backup. I should have bought a M.2 for that board but didn't see it in the specs. A Epson printer. Keeping old mouse and keyboard and speakers too. Waiting for case to get here. CPU has Radeon graphics and the Wraith cooler. A nice simple system for him. He don't play gaming and does mostly on line chat or facebook. simple for him and no need for a bigger system. Only thing i worry about is the power supply. 400 watts is a bit low. it was pretty new for the old system. It may work for him with the use he does do. If it was me i would have gone for the Ryzen 6. He can get by with the 4 core cpu.I am setting it up to standard levels so the PSU should be able to handle it. Anyway my monitor should be here in a few days. Later

Yup, as much as it is in USA, at least for these specific old cars. The US MB community I'm a member of say this much. The only possible difference I know of is here merchants dissemble, collect, clean and maintain the parts then sell them in stores. Those stores are being removed now due to reasons, tho. They are getting less and less. The worries of middle-class old car owners, I guess.
Kind of a crapshoot there, paying more for something you could do. We call them pick and pulls by trade, just find what you want and grab it. I wouldn't want somebody else to get it, clean it, then upsell it to me lol.

Back
Top Bottom