What You've Just Bought!

Makes me wonder how bad that 3080 is being bottlenecked by a 2700x, and if you paid scalper price for it. I've had some opportunities for a 3090 but I refuse to pay more than MSRP.

Makes me wonder how bad that 3080 is being bottlenecked by a 2700x, and if you paid scalper price for it. I've had some opportunities for a 3090 but I refuse to pay more than MSRP.

Got a preorder in on scan.co.uk within 15 mins or so and they delivered it after 3 weeks. Scan didn't raise order prices until about 4 hours after orders went live and then closed down preorders entirely. It probably bottlenecks quite bad at low res's but I play at 4K so not that much. Between my 2700x and PCI-E 3 I lose 5% to 10% FPS of what they seem to get on most review websites. I will upgrade to Zen 3 at some point in the first half of next year probably. But for now i'm not going to drop £900 upgrading my CPU and Mobo to go from 60fps to 65fps. I was coming from a 2070 Super and just wanted something that would allow me to max out CP2077.

Got a preorder in on scan.co.uk within 15 mins or so and they delivered it after 3 weeks. Scan didn't raise order prices until about 4 hours after orders went live and then closed down preorders entirely. It probably bottlenecks quite bad at low res's but I play at 4K so not that much. Between my 2700x and PCI-E 3 I lose 5% to 10% FPS of what they seem to get on most review websites. I will upgrade to Zen 3 at some point in the first half of next year probably. But for now i'm not going to drop £900 upgrading my CPU and Mobo to go from 60fps to 65fps. I was coming from a 2070 Super and just wanted something that would allow me to max out CP2077.
Man you got lucky.

My old printer finally died on me. Got a new Epson 5100. I don't use mine a lot so its reported use of ink isn't a major issue. I can get a set of extra ink cartage's for around 32 bucks. Think about that sometime maybe next year. Worked great for what i needed last night.

Family got me some Axis Sonic Hammers, and fiancé got me an iPhone 12 Pro. Good haul considering I specifically said I want nothing since I can't get anything for anybody.

I received a $50 Amazon gift card in the family gift exchange (limit was $50). From my wife I picked out a new chair and some nice castors for my computer; turns out the new chair isn't much better than my old one as far as seat padding goes which was my reason for wanting a new chair. I plan on using the gift card and cashing in $30 worth of Bing points to go toward a 500GB Gigabyte AUROS Gen4 Nvme SSD to replace my current 250GB Samsung 970 EVO SSD, so it will actually only cost me $20.

Back
Top Bottom