what your HDTV say what signal when in standard cable channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC magnum

Baseband Member
question 1:
what your HDTV say what signal when in standard cable channel?

what it say when you press "display" when you flip chanel to cartoon network?

mine say 480i. but i am wondering why my previous hdtv says 480p?

what it supose to say? what is proper? what is normal? in basic cable channel what is normal for it to say? 480i? or 480p?

i dont have HD channel subscripion. i only use my hdtv for ps3. but sometime si flip channel on my basic cable tv.... and it says 480i but how come when my previous hdtv says 480p?

question 2:
my new hdtv when play ps3 Bayonetta ect.... which is 720p game.... but how come when i press "display" and it shows that it is 1080p? but my previous hdtv shows 720p. both my new and preivous tv is a 720p tv. so i jus want to know how come my new hdtv says 1080p on a 720p games? and my previous hdtv says 720p on a 720p games.

Answer 1: Analog cable TV format is 480i. Your previous TV may have had a setting to upconvert the 480i format into 480p.

Answer 2: Probably the same reason that it shows 480i when you are watching cable TV. Your PS3 is probably outputting at 1080p. Although your TV may only display at 720p, it is able to accept a 1080p input and downconvert to match your TV's display capability.

Answer 1: Analog cable TV format is 480i. Your previous TV may have had a setting to upconvert the 480i format into 480p.

Answer 2: Probably the same reason that it shows 480i when you are watching cable TV. Your PS3 is probably outputting at 1080p. Although your TV may only display at 720p, it is able to accept a 1080p input and downconvert to match your TV's display capability.

so is question 2..... is the game showing really is 1080p? it force to 1080p? really 1080p? that is good thing right?

@ question 1..... is that mean my previous tv is better? but it cant do 1080p.... but it is better for basic tv sinc eit do 480p? overall my new tv or old tv is better?

It's not really a good thing, nor a bad thing. Your TV's maximum display resolution is 720p, so it doesn't matter if you have a 1080i, 1080p, or 720p input, it will all look about the same.

Your TV's resolution doesn't really make it "better." Quality of TV comes down to a lot of other factors that I won't claim to be an expert on.

It's not really a good thing, nor a bad thing. Your TV's maximum display resolution is 720p, so it doesn't matter if you have a 1080i, 1080p, or 720p input, it will all look about the same.

Your TV's resolution doesn't really make it "better." Quality of TV comes down to a lot of other factors that I won't claim to be an expert on.

so you saying.....

1080p TV on 1080p signal game = look better ?

720p TV on 1080p signal game = look same ?

oh ok so a 720p tv saying 1080p when playing bayonetta is not real... its jus 720p but say 1080p. which it is false display info. aright i think i get it. and i was all happy thiking its really 1080p. cause my tv is 720p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom