What ya gonna do with your stimulus check?

Celery

Golden Master
I ordered a Rossi RS22 22LR rifle for $99 and now in shipment. I have a 22 revolver but no rifle so now I will. Plenty of 22 ammo in stock.

I want to replace my aging 23" Asus monitor with an Asus 27" model. Still works good but hard to read the text. I had to increase the text size to get by. No need to upgrade my PC, it runs great but I already upgraded the Mobo, CPU, PSU and Video Card to keep it current.

Need to stock up on ammo though. 9mm and 40sw but need to order a 40sw barrel for my 10mm Witness.

Gonna buy a bunch of nice clothes and shoes. Hmm... what else? :whistling:

I plan to put it into savings, no telling what the future holds so it might come in handy at a later date.

I'm with you strollin. The only items on my list is a couple of updates for the computer and some new modules for the weather station. Where i need to really point funds to is the truck. 5 years since last tune up a year or over since i did a oil change and the front grile...Damm!!! Needs some work. Grill is plastic and someone ran into it or backed into it and needs replacing. And the corner lights on the right side...new Chevy emblem.. 2 front tires...Brakes emergency brake cables for both rears. Rear shoes... Whatever else on the brakes that needs it....I know just letting it slide...sooner or later, luck runs out....

We're paying bills with it. Both my wife and I are essential... expendable... something like that, so we are both still working. This will give us an opportunity to get a little breathing room.

You stay safe over there as well SG!

It's weird about the stimulus. They first said they were going to go by our 2018 tax return to see how much income we had. I worked all of 2018 and made too much to qualify for any of the stimulus. Now they say they'll use your 2019 return if you have filed it. I retired last year and only worked 1/2 the year so we now qualify for the whole $2400 (for married couples).

Truth be told, we don't even need the money. We have been extremely fortunate that this pandemic has only been an "inconvenience" for us since we haven't been impacted by it other than being told to stay home. Our income hasn't been effected and, since we can't go anywhere, we are spending less money overall.

My adult kids are all able to work from home so none of their income has been effected either and they are fortunate that they don't have to go into a crowded workplace on a daily basis where they would have a greater risk of being exposed.

That's a nice situation to be in Strollin, y'all be safe. :thumb:

I've been hearing all kinds of talks about the stimulus check situation. Seems that the administration kept changing their strategy every day. One day I hear that I don't need to file if I'm on SSI and the next day they say I need to file.

It so happens that the IRS opened a portal on site for the non filers to file (make sense yet?) a form to provide info for direct deposit. I filed mine last night and it was accepted. :dance:

Now time will tell. As it is now I will get mine in the second round of deliveries.

I think we will have to wait for a printed check to be sent to us. I'm not sure the IRS has our deposit info since we haven't received a tax refund in years.

My wife and I both get SS checks that are direct deposited but not sure they will use that info for the stimulus check.

Either way is fine, others need the money now so I don't mind waiting.

I'm mostly concerned for my youngest daughter who is disabled and lives with us. She has zero income and could really use the $1200.

Ya all hang in there and stay safe! SG, Thanks fellow, You stay safe over the pond too! Glad i don't work no more, but do get tired of Gaming and watching something on tv. Even the fish are getting boring.. Stay safe and will check in later. Hope this don't last too much longer..WD

Anybody on here get their stimulus check yet? My oldest daughter and her boyfriend got their deposits today.

Just found out my youngest son got his today as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom