What would you like to see here on Tech-Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter eating a Naga Viper chilli
Now, that would be epic! I'll pitch $20 to see such a thing!

Back when DFI was the great OCing mobo their forums had a great OC database of users overclocks. It served a couple purposes: 1, for bragging rights of course, and 2, so others could test already stable settings to push their overclock. They had strict guidelines to have your entry counted and that helped keep the data solid. I would highly recommend this on TF, as members could show off their OC and also help browsing users find helpful settings.

I like kmans idea of the tch forums journal. Could get a small team together to create it, and then get members to submit faqs and stuff that they create on a subject then that team sorts through them to make sure they are good and then a moderator could go threw the final draft(s) to make sure all is good. Could be done almost entirely without mod team help and there fore would not be any work for them.

We should make a Tech Forums Journal, documenting anything usefull or that will be help or interest to people interested in the world of computers. It could contain everything and anything that has been discussed on the forum. Found a way to overclock a i7 920 higher ? put it in there. Found a way to improve Win 7 startup time ? put it in there.

It could be open for any member with the appropriate privileges is (500+ posts ?) to edit, and moderated for spelling, punctuality and accuracy by a normal team of moderators.

Eventually there would be a lot of useful stuff in there, and we could refer all new comers to 'TF's Journal' (Downloadable as a PDF maybe)

So, like the Tutorials section except all in one post and downloadable as a PDF?
I know it's a mess right now, but when it's fixed up I think it'll already be kinda what you're talking about? Or no?

Back when DFI was the great OCing mobo their forums had a great OC database of users overclocks. It served a couple purposes: 1, for bragging rights of course, and 2, so others could test already stable settings to push their overclock. They had strict guidelines to have your entry counted and that helped keep the data solid. I would highly recommend this on TF, as members could show off their OC and also help browsing users find helpful settings.

Like it, we could definitely implement something like that pretty easily. A lot of our members can OC too, so we'd probably cover a fair few boards/cpus.

What if there was a sticky or something of the sort where we could find the news in chronological order.

For example.

I post something in new tech, it would than be approved by mod as reasonable news. There would be a copy placed into the "News" section. The section wouldn't be a thread just an area to find new news and info. all discussion about the topic would be linked to the original thread.

I agree, something along these lines would be good.

So, like the Tutorials section except all in one post and downloadable as a PDF?
I know it's a mess right now, but when it's fixed up I think it'll already be kinda what you're talking about? Or no?

Similar, i guess. Except that i wasn't just talking about tutorials.. more just findings. Anything and everything of use or interest that isn't blatently obvious. From finding a easy way to complete CoD on Veteran or figuring out how to open up a new file extension when modding a game.

Was only an idea, anyway. Didn't really put that much thought into it :p

I could use something like this. I don't have the patience to fiddle with settings to OC. Given a set of values for my hardware to plug in I would do it in a heartbeat.

I could use something like this. I don't have the patience to fiddle with settings to OC. Given a set of values for my hardware to plug in I would do it in a heartbeat.
Yea, it was immensely helpful as it gave a baseline to start from. Obviously, every OC is different because every piece of hardware is different, but starting from that baseline saves a ton of time.

These are the only threads I could find that represent something similar, but the DFI database was much more thorough as you had to post your actual BIOS settings, as well as the stability and verification screenshots.
Socket 1156/1366 Oc Competition Thread - OverclockersClub Forums
Quad Core OC Database - XtremeSystems Forums
C2Q OC database -> post FPO/batch #, OC + volts, mobo + NB, etailer and VID - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom